Originally Posted by Anonymous
One comment from the girls side was that officiating was beyond terrible. Refs were cold, didn't move and for the most part were clueless to the rules.

Refs on the boys side were horrible (and my kid's team did fine). Actually the whole experience stunk, once again. It was still dark when we arrived and frigid. My kid and his friends are hearty kids and they did not have fun and neither did I. Hopefully next year his team skips it. If not, I may have to make sure I have a prior commitment that day!

Refs were terrible, inconsistent in general and 100% called the games in favor of 91...this is not just my opinion but several coaches I spoke with at different age levels. Also schedules were stacked in favor of 91. Combine that with frigid temps, some undersized fields and I agree the experience stunk once again his year.

What's funny is that everyone knows this tournament stinks, the refs call games in favor of 91 teams and 91 stacks the schedules in their favor, and despite that all the teams keep coming.

Attendance in this tournament has started to decline over the years.2020B bracket was 2 91 teams and 2 others. The weather seems to be the biggest issue for a lot of people. They will continue to draw just because it's the first spring event but it also may get smaller over the course of time. y sons team is playing this weekend and it is forecasted to be 55 degrees. all luck of the draw with mother nature this time of the year.