Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.

Is it fair to the current YJ 2015 team goalie who has played on that team all these years to now have the kid who played UP now play on that team? She played up on 2014 all these years and was given the advantage of being seen early even though there were 2014 age appropriate kids who were tossed aside in her favor. It has been going on at her High School as well and most of her team and parents are aware and sick over it. No one can say anything at school or at club out of fear of retribution by her dad (also the HS coach) or the club. This case is exactly what everyone is talking about when they mention fear and politics are ruining the game and some kids chances for recruitment.

Not calling anyone names here just stating the facts.

You can't be from ESM because what you're stating is no where near the truth. They are a well-respected family and there is no fear at all. The player is a great teammate, friend and one of the nicest kids out there. She deserves to be where she is and everyone in this town knows it. How dare you come here and say most of the parents and team are aware and feel that way. That is so completely untrue. Sick over it? Please. The only thing sick is that you will come on here and make up lies about an amazing athlete and group whatever jealousy you may be feeling into the whole team feeling the same way. They are back to back county champs in large part because of her and I would be very surprised to hear anyone say they didn't believe that were the case. You say you're stating facts - based on what? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Well......you obviously are on their fan club board of directors but make no mistake, most are disgusted by the blatant favoritism. I'm sure the player is a great kid, they usually are, but the situation created by the powers that be are what everyone says is wrong with youth sports. Maybe you should talk to more of the parents and find out for yourself. Again, I never brought the players personal integrity into this....you did. I repeated the sentiment stated a thousand times before about politics and fear. Alive and well in this case.