Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 28's and 29's are not that good. Once in high School they will fly in kids and take borders over local talent. They will promise that you can play at CH or other top high Schools. After dealing with some of the directors over the years while being part of the teams, They are clearly unethical and use the church as a front for unethical behavior. Do not buy the huddle god first mentality. It starts from the top down. If you want to wear the swag just ask the director and he will give you a shirt. Glad I am not longer with the program. Do your due diligence before you buy into the false sense of being saved.

As a parent on one of the teams that you mentioned, I can assure you that your post is utter horse @ChillLaxin. My son is a starter on FCA. He also has received offers to play for Crabs and 91. No one from FCA has promised my son anything in regards to High School. Frankly, they are probably the only true agnostic club when it comes to high school play. Tons of FCA kids go to BL, LB, STP, MCD etc... Also, outside of a small handful of CHCHS kids that might be living with host families, FCA isn't flying kids in like Crabs and 91.

Moreover, in looking at the composition of the 25-27 rosters, the majority of the players were homegrown and have played for FCA for years.

In regards to your accusations about unethical behavior, I can only speak to my experience over the past few years and what I've heard from other parents. Outside of the normal, "my kid should get more time" stuff that goes on with any youth sports organization, I have never observed or heard of anything unethical whatsoever. I would actually say that the coaches and administration with FCA have proven to be FAR more compassionate and caring than any of my children's previous youth teams. Coaches and the Director go WAAAAY out of their way to help families in need, organize assistance and build a community.

We have a mix of religious and non-religious families on the team. FCA doesn't shove religion down anyone's throat. Yes, they will pray at every event and that may not be for everyone. My family is religious but not devout and personally, I appreciate the additional life perspective that the coaches give my son.

I'm sorry your experience was not as positive.