Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually correct. After this season, which ends on August 31, 2024, US Club Lacrosse will not verify ages for the 2029s. Not sure what HoCo’s rules will be, but as for Club Lacrosse, holdbacks will once again be allowed.

I was under the impression that it wasn’t until Aug 1st 2025 for this grade. I could be wrong just what I was told.
I was under the impression that the rule applies to 2029 class and beyond— in perpetuity. That would be senseless if they make kids go back to where they belong for one year, and then “reclass” again next year and go right back to where they were. Talk about semantics.
Of course it's all semantics. The worst part is the whole intent was window dressing to stop the whining and it didn't even work. People just love complaining too much.

The HoCo League has a two year spread at 8th grade presumably so kids don't lose a whole season due to this incredibly well thought out rule change.

Amazing that somehow lacrosse survived for all those years when youth was age based... But now, we need to accommodate holdbacks. LOL
Or just let kids play with their classmates and have fun and stop worrying about the hyper competitive over-involved parental whining.

Of course, we need to accommodate private school holdbacks who need to play down with their classmates, while other boys born on the holdbacks birthday must play on age.

All seem to be fine for many years until " hyper competitive over-involved parental whining " by private school holdback parents and clubs decided that we need to let these holdbacks play down their entire time while playing youth lacrosse. Not just 8th grade as you are worried about.