I'm a 2035 parent whose son played K-1 last year (first year) and again this year. Last year, once I saw he handled the pads and "contact" well, I was happy. then he started to slowly improve (for 6). I had him join a small PAL summer league with his town PAL team he was a part of. Still liked it. took time off and then end of fall signed him up for an 8 session 60 minute weekly clinic. he improved. Most of all had fun. I found another clinic. he improved but that clinic was not appropriate for a 6-year-old. We stopped it. This year he will do as ai mentioned, PAL, but I also found a program for the spring and summer to do concurrently. Its "travel" but mostly practices which are more necessary. My son will miss some of the "travel" since the first priority will be the town team with his friends. without playing with friends at this age, it's not fun. It needs to be fun. Find some sort of program where they actually coach, teach and develop as opposed to constant orders and whistle blowing. I'm sure that will come.