Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rule #1: avoid teams with Dad coaches. Not as important in 6th grade but an important criteria as you get to High School. Might as well avoid now if possible.
Before high school, Ignore Rule #1. The best two 2027 were Mesa and Team TEN. Both Dad coaches. Both great. For high school, I would say avoid Dad coaches, it would be a sign of bad judgement on the coaches part as far as their son is concerned. My son was well coached by a "dad coach" and I would be happy to still be under his coaching.
Rule #1: avoid teams with Dad coaches. Not as important in 6th grade but an important criteria as you get to High School. Might as well avoid now if possible.
Before high school, Ignore Rule #1. The best two 2027 were Mesa and Team TEN. Both Dad coaches. Both great. For high school, I would say avoid Dad coaches, it would be a sign of bad judgement on the coaches part as far as their son is concerned. My son was well coached by a "dad coach" and I would be happy to still be under his coaching.

So your path would include making a switch to another club team for high school to avoid Dad coach? If your son is in middle school and you are looking for a new team you oughta avoid it now if possible. You want to find a good fit for your son in middle school in hopes of riding that wave into high school and only make a move if needed. You do NOT want a dad coach in high school.