Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry to offend those who are worried about too much competition, but I actually was thinking that it would be great to have more kids playing lacrosse because it would increase the competition and ultimately lead to a better game… more creativity, more fun to watch, larger fan base, not to mention the more kids that play sports the better off they are and they are our future leaders… There are actually fewer kids playing sports today than 20 years ago because of the club model creeping in and pricing many families out. AAU in basketball has shut down many rec programs as well as the club program in soccer, etc.. The only sport that is relatively untouched right now is football because there is not a strong club/ off season option. I was a three sport athlete and 2 sport athlete at the collegiate level and know how it benefitted me. I guess I was hopeful that people were sincere in wanting great opportunities for kids today.

Be careful. Your insightful well reasoned opinion might be interpreted as “woke” and may trigger some people. I agree current club lax and prep school model doesn’t keep some, it keeps most of the gen pop out of lax. That’s why growth has flattened and likely declined.