Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any advice on how to find a strong MCLA program with more formal coaching and team selection? I think it's potentially a great option for my son but some seem more loosely organized than others.

It’s a great question. There are no great answers. What I can tell you to look at:
-clubs are in three division levels and they are not based by size like the NCAA is. D1 usually has the best teams
-you can find historical MCLA records and see how competitive a team has been over the years. Teams like GaTech, GA, FL, Northeastern, Michigan State, BC, Wake, Stanford, TX, Chapman are doing well and some have always been good and indicative of how good they are
-some teams have tryouts and are very competitive. Some don’t have tryouts and sometimes cannot even field a team from year to year
-look at their schedule. A lot of teams have extensive traveling with their clubs without a lot of flying. Usually indicative of a competitive squad. That being said Club lax is not cheap for the student / parent

In the it is probably very enriching. Would you rather be at Florida or BYU playing against each other or would you rather say you are “committed “ to low d1 d2 d3 for the sake of saying you committed. Give me the former but I understand it’s different strokes for different folks. Hope this helps.

When you say college club lacrosse "isn't cheap" what are you talking? Similar to the prices we've already been paying for travel? More? Less?