Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mesa is a poorly run organization that tries to sell itself based on past glory during the years when Nostrant coached at Haverford and all his players had to play for Mesa. It is unnecessarily expensive based on what a player gets for his roster fees. There is no thoughtful development path once a kid gets to high school. Great coaches who have no independence to do what they think is best for their players re: practice schedule, tournaments, etc. Mesa may be able to play in the NLF but that is about the only good perk the organization has.

says the person who ran two good high school programs into the ground and trying to steal mesa players, got it

How do you steal Mesa players if they are happy at Mesa? That would seem tough to do.

You could replace "Mesa" with ANY club team name. All lacrosse clubs are expensive. Please tell me a club that actually "develops" players in the true sense of the word. There is a reason why club coaches are club coaches and not club directors. They don't want to deal with the hassle of managing every aspect of the team (else they'd just start their own club and do it and rack in tons of cash).
I do not have any association whatsoever with Mesa. Their teams just continually kill my teams and they are clearly very talented. I'll attribute that talent to the kids that gathered there rather than some Bill Belichick wizard pulling the strings from the sidelines. Club Lacrosse is a different game than High School Lacrosse. Checkers vs Chess. Whoever has the biggest horses is going to win 95% of the games. End of Rant. Please tip your waiters. Good Night.