My apologies, I looked up the definition of the word, commodity and I meant the opposite. I meant like “prized commodity”, meaning that they are not likely to be cut just ranked. My daughter played up with older girls most of her time at club traveling to Maryland, etc. She would play her games and be walking in parking lot and get asked to play as many as 8 games a day. That is what I meant highly sought after not interchangeable. Sorry for any confusion I am a goalie dad and no way was I trying to down play the value of any goalie. To your point each person’s club and experience is different. The club was great getting her experience playing with high level girls and seeing shots from quality players. Playing up was good and bad. She got to play with better players, but recruiters thought she was in a different class. Some found and recruited her anyway to my point goalies are highly sought after. In the end for us the ID clinics or prospects days at colleges of interest are what got her a scholarship. Everyones journey is different. Best of luck to all the amazing kids who put up their hands and volunteer to play what is the hardest position on the field!