Originally Posted by Anonymous
Using KD jr's blog for data, in sect 1, there are 50 HS Boys teams, 11 leagues (A -K), the end of the regular season results are:

20 teams are above .500
4 teams at .500
26 teams below .500

P'ville with a 19-1 record, only loss to Pelham (in a 8-7 game; it appears to be a trap game too).

Teams with losing records that I'm surprised about is : Brnxv (8-11), Brclf (9-11), Suffern (8-9), Somers (8-9) and L/P (8-10).
I'm sure all of these teams played non-regional games, which contributed to the record (good for them too).

It will be interesting to start comparing Sect 1 results on a season to season basis going forward (with the help of KD's blog too).

I predict the following schools to be on the upward trajectory:

Arlington (6-10), Carmel (9-9), Greeley and Somers (8-9).

Arlington had a fantastic year in 2022, so this is a down year on paper, but they are always competitive. In 23, they beat the teams they should have and they lost to the better teams. They had a tough league schedule with Mahopac and Yorktown and their non-league was good for them. I think they improve for 2024

Carmel is vertically on the rise. They get better every year and are still young. They were in the same league with Arlington and had a bit more competitive schedule. Expect them to turn some heads in 24

Somers was down for what I think expectations were for this year. They don't lose a lot i believe, but they should me much better in 24. I think it was an on-paper disappointment this season.

Greeley needs to step their scheduling up. They say they are going to, but based on this year, it doesn't seem like they will be able to hang with tougher opponents unless they improve the D and find ways to score against better teams. Once they played even a decent team this year (Carmel, Somers, JJCR...) the scoring dropped by half. They aren't going to be able to put up big numbers against better teams. And are the 'fans' patient enough to endure a 6-8 win season against better teams?

Other interesting ones for 24 will be Mamaroneck now that they don't have Baldwin and Lehrman to face. JJCR is probably in it's last year of talent before a rebuild is coming. Yorktown who a lot of people wrote off as too young proved otherwise. Bronxville with now a full season under the new staff will have a lot to build on. And who can forget Pleasentville? I look forward to it already.

Shh.... there are some solid Rockland teams too....