Some section final observations

A - Scarsdale gets it done for the 3 peat. Everyone can say the fogo won them the game and he played a huge part. Their offense has to score goals though and they got it done. It will be interesting to see how they do next year without him. Not the greatest lacrosse in this one. Mamaroneck will be good next year I would think they are the favorite going into next year.

B - Yorktown finally gets one for the first time in what feels like an eternity for them. People counted out Ytown this year and I can’t figure out why. Their whole defense is going D1. Their goalie is amazing and they have some good talent on offense. They played a bunch of good teams out of conference and it prepared them for the moment. Great season for Mahopac they had some great wins I have to tip my cap.

C - Rye did it without their star player. Their role players were good all year and got the job done. This was the only game I predicted wrong I thought Jay had the edge going in. Rye has very good poles and their goalie play has been good all year. This is unfortunate for Jay because this may have been their best chance to get a title. Next year is do or die because they will fall off a cliff once their 2024’s graduate.

D - Pleasantville wins its first title since their 4 peat (2015-2018). They dominated early. It was interesting that Briarcliff played man to man against them. They are known for their zone but went away from it. The game got chippy in the end and two bcliff players got ejected. It fueled the fire for them and they made a mini run at the end to make it an interesting game. Both teams clearly do not like each other. If the classes remain the same I would say that Haldane will be the second best team in D behind Pville going into next year.