Originally Posted by Anonymous
Class B- Pretty impressed by Greeley in their game against JJ-CR, if they play like that they will at least have a shot against Mahopac and Yorktown. They are very Pleasantville like in the sense they have zero commits, but play together very well. However, I still favor Yorktown overall even if they lost to Mahopac earlier. All that said I wonder what happens with the Greeley Coach after this year; from what people have told me no one expected him to turn around the team this fast, albeit it was a soft schedule. However, 14-2 with only two one goals losses is way above what anyone expect with this team. Last guy that had Greeley playing that well was Colsey who left for Ridgefield who I would say is doing pretty well for himself and Ridgefield.

That's incredibly generous on greeley considering just how soft that schedule is. Any team would have gone 14-2. They can score in bunches against average teams, but the gaudy scoring comes crashing back down against better teams like Somers and Jay and even Carmel held them to 6 or 7. JJ was a good game for them, they stepped up and were in it at the end and may have won with another possession or two.

Colsey wasn't the only good coach to run from that place (and he is still a teacher there - so what does that tell you?) The current Somers coach was coach of the year when he was pushed out from Greeley then they had a bunch of coaches every year until the last guy and he was run out too. They can score, but can they play D? they have their basketball and soccer coaches as assistants because no one wants to coach there. Even with this season going so well on paper, parents & fans are still grumbling and players transfering out.