Originally Posted by Anonymous
A- Scarsdale
B- Somers
C- Rye
D- Bronxville

No comments on the predictions although I think with Scarsdale’s FOGO they are likely favorites. I am commenting just to say what has happened to Westchester lacrosse. These are the commits among these teams (per IL) and then I just added a cpl more historical powerhouses for reference. I remember as recently as 3/4 years ago when Yorktown played John Jay you could have 30 commits from that one game alone! Now it looks like 1 or 2 a class.

Scarsdale - Amherst, Penn State, Union
Somers- Susquehanna, Iona
Rye - Colby, Washington & Lee, Virginia
Bronxville - Hobart, Colby, North Carolina

Yorktown - Union, Wesleyan, Monmouth, Lehigh
John Jay - Ithaca, Colgate, Umass

Is the drop in public commits tied to the rise of the privates? Stepinac is poised to be a power for some time, Iona has been around for a bit and continues to bring in local players from far and wide via their paid to play football and basketball model. Note: Do not go there for lacrosse unless you play for EN and have been asked by the coach. Brunswick is taking kids from Rye, Mahopac and all over while sending the entire roster to top 10 schools and teams. In years past these kids were playing for their local HS teams and would have been the top recruits. Avon Old Farms, Berkshire and TP are also pulling in local kids now as well…..with that view it is even more impressive what a town like Darien does year in and year out. Great to see the game growing and kids getting opportunities.

More of a factor, I think, is that lacrosse has become a lot more popular very recently in many other areas of the country. Local kids are no longer competing with just MD and LI for college spots. The rest of the country, especially in warm weather areas, are producing a lot more players, and I think kids that are older than Section 1 public schools kids - which may be precipitating a slight move to the private schools.
Very fair point. The lacrosse world is small with many more events than before so kids far and wide are being seen outside the hotbeds. Local teams like 91 have players from Texas, the National teams are a part of every club and lord knows there is a showcase for anyone and everyone with coaches at it. Do Yorktown kids play top club or still focus on their town/club team?