Originally Posted by JimSection1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Y slammed the door on JJ’s comeback to prominence, for this season. ...

I'm going to strongly disagree with you here. Yorktown is good, no doubt, but they are hardly the dominant force they have been in years past. This was a tighter game than the score implies with 2 late empty netters and JJ having issues clearing the ball. Clean that up and it's a much tighter game than we are led to believe. I don't think this is as cut and dry as this statement suggests. This is stil the JJ team that beat Rye who has 2 All Americans on the team. That is no easy task.

Again, Somers is lurking out there. They are much better than I think they are being given credit for. I will reserve my final thoughts until they have played both JJ and yorktown and head into the playoffs.

As I have stated before:

“wonder if this game was a trap game for Rye, they just beat Cold Spring Harbor in a 7-3 game.
If JJ continues to have success, especially against Scar, Y, BH, Somers and TZ, then it wasn't a trap game.”

And

“I expect some post game chatter that Y is lucky to have won the game and that JJ was very close in winning the game”

I’m on the belief that the JJ v Rye game was a TRAP game for Rye and post-game chatter advocating for a moral W against Y was anticipated.

JJ will definitely lose to Somers and League F will be won by Somers. JJ has a chance against with BH & TZ. But doubtful.

Class B will come down to Rye, Somers & Y. JJ is comfortable in 4th place.

I agree with you on the 4 in Class B. I am not as worried about how JJ fairs agaisnt TZ or BH, they are class C teams so it's largely irrelevant come playoffs. I think it comes down to seedings. If JJ and Yorktown are the 1-4 or 2-3 with Rye vs. Somers in the other semi, it's going to get interesting.