Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No I am saying there are a very few schools where lax doesn’t matter. If you are living proof of that; I am asking if you went to MIT because they are one of those school

Go it. Yes, some schools like MIT don’t care but most do.

MIT coach support doesn't make a difference in admissions but I appreciate that they tell kids that their support of an applicant does little (at least in my experiences). NESCAC puts recruits in bands and coaches get a particular number of "slots" in each band (perhaps a bit oversimplified):
A band is admissible without coach support
B band is admissible with coach support
C band is blue chip recruit but lower academic profile...teams only get one or two of these kids
It's important for families to ask college coaches about results of pre-read process (July following 11th grade)when considering highly-selectives. This is hugely valuable information and can let a recruit know exactly where he stands in eyes of admissions. More recently, pre-reads can also tell a recruit whether he should submit test scores or not which takes the guessing out of it that non student-athletes have to deal with (ivy, nescac, centennial coaches all share this).