Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are no such things as D3 offers. We need to stop the ridiculousness of kids "accepting" D3 roster spots and saying they are any type of offer as it leads to confusion, accusations and a lot of unnecessary drama. There is no such thing as a guaranteed roster spot (grades, behavior etc can always affect a roster spot regardless of level). I love that some kids can use lax to get into a school that they may not attend otherwise, but there is no offer when it comes to D3. If you get accepted and come to the school, you do not have to play lax, you received no money to do so. D3 is a wonderful opportunity for so many kids, but please stop referring to D3 "offers."

You are incorrect on this. Although there is no NLI - no contract binding an athlete to the school there certainly are "offers". I have had multiple athletes receive offers from D3 schools along with knowing their financial aide ahead of time. D3 is grant money from the school and the coach certainly can play a hand on how much an athlete can receive. D3 coaches will certainly hold roster spots for incoming freshmen - its why when a player decides they want D3 and they contact a coach about playing for a certain school the coach will say - "I am sorry I am done recruiting for the 2023 year now". D3 does not offer the same bells and whistles of an official NCAA visit but you certainly can be recruited and get help with financial from a D3 school.