Originally Posted by Anonymous
First of all i have had a kid do all of these tryouts and yes UA is very political but if you do make the top 50 game the filed is loaded with colleges but to that point the college coaches no it is political as well . As for showcases the best one out there is Maverick by far , if you can not get into that do yourself a favor and go to a prospect camp those camps are where coaches can talk with your son and get to know him that is the best money spent . Understand there is politics in everything your son just have to rise above it all ..

There are some who will never get it. Some think that they know everything and they also believe that their kid is the best. I know parents who did not bring their kids to tryouts and then would tell everyone it's a waste of time because it is all political. The real reason is that certain parents can not take it when others do not agree that the kid is the best. Every coach / evaluator is going to have a bias but coaches do try to select the best team. No coach selects "All" of their own players. Go look at the NCAA Division I All-American Team... There are great players from all over the country it is foolish to think that Long Island should win every year. It does not matter who selects the players it will be a challenge to win at UA.