Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HEARD BOTH CHSAA AND NY STATE SECTIONS JUST GOT $$ FROM A GRANT TO DRUG TEST ATHLETES. USING A HAIR SAMPLE METHOD.

TRYING TO GET DETAILS, IMPACT COULD BE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MAYBE AS SOON AS OCTOBER.

Please let us know your source for this info. I would personally be opposed to such a rule that would separate out the athletes from the general student body as it pertains to illegal drugs, It would penalize these athletes to standards not required by the general student body. IMHO the difference between a student and a student athlete as it relates to drugs would only be about PED - so if this is true, I would personally oppose any drug testing for student athletes except for PED..

Students participating in any extracurricular activity in a school are able to be randomly tested - the US Supreme Court in 2002 expanded the power of public schools to allow for this. I would suspect that the grant is for random, spot tests, not all inclusive testing. The NCAA was doing this as early as back in the 80s as I had to submit to tests for two different NCAA sports two times in four years.