Originally Posted by Anonymous
HEARD BOTH CHSAA AND NY STATE SECTIONS JUST GOT $$ FROM A GRANT TO DRUG TEST ATHLETES. USING A HAIR SAMPLE METHOD.

TRYING TO GET DETAILS, IMPACT COULD BE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MAYBE AS SOON AS OCTOBER.

dude - stop yelling, your harshing my mellow.... Seriously, from my experience, hair follicle sample testing is only for Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates, methamphetamine's, amphetamines, ecstasy, PCP. these are generally the things hair follicle test can show. The reason hair follicle tests are used is they also display pattern of usage and cannot be "fixed".

IMHO - If they were going to do wide scale testing on HS athletes I believe they would be testing for steroids, not the fun stuff. I also can not fathom a grant for the millions and millions of dollars it would cost to test all athletes, all sports across the state.

HEARD BOTH CHSAA AND NY STATE SECTIONS JUST GOT $$ FROM A GRANT TO DRUG TEST ATHLETES. USING A HAIR SAMPLE METHOD.

TRYING TO GET DETAILS, IMPACT COULD BE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MAYBE AS SOON AS OCTOBER.

dude - stop yelling, your harshing my mellow.... Seriously, from my experience, hair follicle sample testing is only for Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates, methamphetamine's, amphetamines, ecstasy, PCP. these are generally the things hair follicle test can show. The reason hair follicle tests are used is they also display pattern of usage and cannot be "fixed".

IMHO - If they were going to do wide scale testing on HS athletes I believe they would be testing for steroids, not the fun stuff. I also can not fathom a grant for the millions and millions of dollars it would cost to test all athletes, all sports across the state.

Like there isn't an Opiod epidemic out there, maybe the goal is to capture repeat usage. Not sure they are going after the roids of the 80's. Controversial at best, but the tests also capture pot usage, which would bastardized many schools.

I hear you on the cost, sounds prohibitive.