Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is it all the coaches fault that Sayville is no good. I do believe that it still takes hard work, determination and talent to win!! You cannot just say because the past teams were good that the team should always be good. Maybe the talent is just not there. Sayville has and had a lot of tough athletic kids in the past. Maybe the past teams were very athletic and that any coach even a donkey from West Islip who never played the game in his life could do just enough to look good as a coach and line his pockets with Sayvilles money. MAYBE!!!!!

Do you live in Sayville? The talent is there. Line his pockets? Could you be any more misinformed? You must be one of the scorned who helped get him removed. You are entitled to your opinion but please try to come close to the truth. I have no doubt if money was the determining factor in his decision making, he would have walked away from coaching in Sayville long ago. I have yet to see a coach as committed to a program's success as Coach Doller. He founded the lacrosse program. "Do just enough to look good" Are you seriously question the mans commitment to the program and the players? My two sons would love to have a word with you to explain just what he meant to them and still does. How very sad, really.

My town would kill for a coach like Doller. The group that had him removed are a bunch of fools. He ran a great program, he was dedicated and required that same dedication from his players. You couldn't ask for any more from the guy.

The team this year had 4 Division 1 commits and 3 Division 3 commits. That's 7 out of ten starters going on to play at the next level. Probably more if you count the under classman. So there was talent. They went 7-9 . Mediocre at best. Coaching and motivation at the High school level means a lot. Every team on Long Island has good players .Commitment during the off season is lacking now. There are no off season practicing. No tournaments. Nothing! With Doller you had all of that. Look at the competition. They ALL do those things and it shows!