Originally Posted by Anonymous
And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

I believe it should be about the education and if the lacrosse fits even better but many will send their kids almost anywhere at any cost just to play lacrosse.

for todays LI club parent I will concede the YJ bumper sticker and the Syracuse S bumper sticker are two of the best and most highly recognizable in the sport so if that is what you are paying for dad, go for it!

If Gary Gait thinks she can play who are you to say she can't. Why would he take players that he thinks have no shot.

70% fail rate on most recruits, so every coach knows they're rolling the dice and hoping to get 3-4 impact players in each class

I have no way of knowing if statistically your percentage is correct but don't you think the new recruiting change should see that number go the other way? Would absolutely agree coaches are rolling the dice in seventh, eighth and maybe ninth grade but now allowing these girls to physically develop and seeing them fully grown and on the field in 11th grade takes a lot of the guesswork out.

The 70% fail also takes into account transfers but I agree with you that signing 11th graders gives a much more realistic look at what the player will be in college. Many 7th and 8th graders in our town are back in the pack by 11th and 12th that's why the "full ride talk" on here is usually a joke. Coaches at fully funded programs usually only have 2.5 - 3.0 to give per year allowing for a little hold back. 2.5 divided by 8 players per year is a .30 award on average. Since most of the better privates are $55,000 or more that's only a $16,000 award or $40,000 in full