Originally Posted by BOTCAdmin
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by BOTCAdmin
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
[quote=Anonymous]

Did you ever play college lacrosse? Syracuse is a fully funded program so therefore they have 12.0 scholarships to award per team. With that being said, in a perfect world, big time programs such as Cuse give their top 8 players from each recruiting class a 25% athletic scholarship. However, the coaches can certainly allocate the scholarship money to their discretion so each recruiting class could certainly be different (i.e. 2 players receive a 50% scholarship, 3 get 33.33% and the rest allocated based on the
coaches decision which could mean they can save 1 scholarship for the next recruiting class). But yes, there are certainly a handful of players who do not receive any athletic money,however, there are
a lot of players who receive academic money as well.

How do you know this?

He does not know this .In a perfect world is just a nonsense statement , after that it's just more nonsense .

Those were and are facts of the amount of athletic scholarship money for a fully funded Division 1 Women's Lacrosse program and Syracuse is one of those schools as every Division 1 school is not fully funded. Being a former D1 player and who works closely with the college coaches, this is precisely how it works

No one is arguing that fully funded women's lacrosse programs do not have 12 scholorships to award per year . My problem is that the coaches never give out 8 equal scholorships (.25) per year and have never met a coach who even attempts to do that.

You are exactly right and I think that is what the person was eluding to when writing 'in a perfect world.' I personally know some players who received just books when others received full tuition, 10%, 20%, etc., so in your defense, I 100% agree with you and I also don't know of any program who gives out equal scholarships.

That would be really nice - it would be all fair and even for everyone on the roster. Everyone would be even-steven if you gave every girl 33% that means all 36 on the roster can be even. Wouldn't that be nice? All fair and square. Then on senior day - girls can get a participation medal.