^^^^^^^^^ Very good advice, spot on actually.
[/quote]

Spot on in regard to what? Was not sot on in regard to my kids experience at all. The Club director was involved in helping my kid get noticed and she is on their top team but definitely not considered a top 10 player on the team. A lot more academic money? Couple problems with that . First you will not know what academic money you will qualify for until very late in the process and getting academic money at some of the more competitive schools is in my opinion harder than getting athletic.[/quote]

Did your daughter commit before, or after, the rule change? Would have to be a 2018 (or older) if she did it after the change. 2019s have 3 more weeks before they can start committing again.

The main point is that the rule change shifted a huge amount of power FROM club directors TO college coaches and recruits. I think most people would agree that club directors can still help marginal players over the hump at some schools, especially schools having trouble filling their last spots. Doesn't seem likely to happen often at the better lacrosse schools or the better academic schools. Recruits flood them with interest, and college coaches have plenty of time to see anyone they are actually interested in. No more club directors talking up a 14 or 15 year old girl. The girl's ability will do most of the talking now.
[/quote]

Seems so douchie when you come on this site and act like you have a clue when in reality you are just guessing at how the new recruiting rule will impact these kids. My point was that your " spot on " statement was not for my kid or her friends. Getting athletic money was an easier road than academic for many who went on to great academic schools. There are many who were in the top 5 of their graduating classes wait listed or denied entry from my daughters high school graduating class to many of the schools that her club teammates are attending with decent money. As far as athletic money not being guaranteed , only if they quit.
[/quote]

Actually, I didn't mention athletic vs academic money because I have no disagreement on that point. If you want academic money, focus on very safe schools where your daughter is over-qualified. You shouldn't count on a penny of academic money at any "reach" school where lacrosse is the only reason your daughter can get in.

What I wrote about the power shift is an educated guess, to be sure, but it's supported by logic and reason (unlike your emotional response). If you think what I wrote is wrong, why not say what you think is wrong with it, and explain what you think will happen? I could use a laugh.