Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
D2 can be just as competitive (in some cases more competitive) than D1. I think you're missing the point. My daughter narrowed her selection down and met with 6 D1 coaches and 4 D2 coaches. Each offered great opportunities and the schools were very nice. It was the team sleepovers that made the difference- and I encourage every prospective athlete to spend a weekend before you commit, it allows the student to hear opinions on coaches and fell out the dynamic of the school. Ultimately my daughter-not me-decided on an up and coming D2 program. Although other schools offered more money, like another poster said you need to take lax out of the picture and make sure it's a good school where your child is comfortable staying for 4/5 years.

I''m of the opinion that D3 has more talent than D2. I watched D3 Hamilton beat eventual D2 champ Florida Southern in Florida.

So how many times are you going to note this game.......and if that's your sample size then your opinion is nonsense.

D3 has far more teams and players than D2 so there is far less talent overall in D3 due to its size. But where it counts, the top twenty teams, D3 fairs better than D2. I made a point with a D3 team that did not make the NCAA tournament last year (the year they beat Florida Southern). D2 is making progress as the sport expands but it is not quite there.