Originally Posted by Anonymous
D1, D2 or D3.....all have top, middle and low talent levels and or offer different academic levels. All divisions have plenty to choose from. But who cares what division they'll be in. Kids should ask themselves, "If it were not for lacrosse, would I consider that school?" The only ones that cares what division are crazy parents. I don't post here to change the minds of crazies. They'll always be crazy. I do it for those that are new to the recruiting process. Figure out what school [not team] your daughter is interested in and go to their camp. Be sure to take the time to do a campus tour. Make sure the kid takes the lead. If coaches are interested in your student athlete during or after the camp, parents will have a chance to meet and discuss further.

Sorry, not much academic strength in D2. Just the facts.

Ha....funny.....must be the same guy who says D2 lost a scrimmage game to a D3 and extrapolates that to D3 is better Please provide stats because........only the facts count on BOTC

Stats on academics not being as strong in D2 vs D1 and D3? Hmmm ... D1 schools: Harvard Princeton Yale Dartmouth Penn Cornell Brown Columbia Stanford Duke Northwestern Hopkins Notre Dame Vanderbilt Georgetown Davidson Lehigh Bucknell Navy West Point Michigan UVA and many more great academic institutions both public and private. D3 Williams Amherst Tufts Middlebury Bates Hamilton Wesleyan Bowdoin Colorado College Colby Pamona and many more top academic schools.

Now please name for me the top D2 academic schools. There r not many and none that are at the level of schools mentioned above. Facts.

First of all, you say the words "fact" and "facts" a lot, like there is official list of school academic rankings somewhere that only you have access to. Sounds a lot like DJT, who throws around words loudly and excessively, like he's trying to convince us of his "intelligence". Saying words loudly and excessively does not make someone smart. Second, you're missing the point...The actual amount of institutions at a certain athletic division does not matter. The only thing that matters is where the player wants to go for SCHOOL first, then where they want to play lacrosse second. D1, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO or WCLA does not matter. It may matter to the parents, who can then brag to their fellow yj'ers but it doesn't matter once the kid graduates.