Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not an accurate statement. Not true at all.

Why continue to make up excuses...why? This is a talented group of young men who play together as a team. Not one kid is in 7th grade...not one!

But 1/2 of the team should be...you can not defend your self against the fact that the Crabs are notorious with hold backs. Your right it is the systems fault not the kids (although it has to be awkward repeating a grade) ...until tournaments decide to use DOB and not grade it is what it is.

I understand your point about the "system". However, you need to understand criticism of the Crabs comes from the fact that they are the forefront of, maybe even created, the culture of hold backs, playing down for advantage, etc. And then bragged about how they were the best! I have older kids, and this was a little known fact outside of the MIAA until exposed more fully on these boards.

I've learned a lot from this site. One of the biggest is, "play up to get better; play down to look better."

Good luck with rules changes. Too late for my kids, but hopefully not too late to fix the sport.