Originally Posted by Anonymous
In my opinion, I find the biggest problem is not the A teams, it's the 2nd teams for most clubs, Some clubs do a nice job with their 2nd teams. For example, Igloo 2ND teams seem to get the same attention and resources as the A teams. Is so hard to do?

Agreed....except with your 'example organization'. Statement based of first hand experience.

It's an observation. It's not hard to treat all the teams the same. Not talking about recruiting. More practice, development, tourneys, one coach... That's all. Not hard. Again my opinion.

Why don't you ask an avalanche parent about that team getting the same attention. They have been in existence for 2 years so far and both years have hemoraged players and had to rebuild. This is not because the experience is great. As a matter of fact, that team only had 4 tourneys listed last spring/summer until the par mets went nuts and they added events. Not all unicorns and rainbows on Avalanche

So that's my point, because I was impressed with the 2022s and wished my kid tried out. So overall, it's still my opinion, there is no consistency with 2nd teams. Some are really good and some are an after thought. I guess it's the coach and his dedication tat determines the experience. How do we as parents and consumers figure this out?? Good topic here to discuss.

Yesterday proved my point. Igloo has an A and AA. Only ones that can say that. One thought is... at tryouts kids should say I am only trying out for the top team. Why? Because good second teams get picked and don't form because B team invites are declined. Nothing wrong with declining amd striving just for the top team, however, it would make the forming a 2nd or B team more effective. Or name the A team and have another tryout for the 2nd team.

A and AA doesn't work when you start recruiting next year. Program won't get two invites to big tournaments. Even if not B by ability , always second team and priority to organization. Which will be a shame , because you actually have a couple of A players on team.