Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are born with 80% of your talent, speed and determination. You can put some kids on the wall 24 hours a day and they still wont make it regardless of how much money dad throws at it.

And if you don't believe it then why are same kids usually the best in volleyball, soccer, basketball and lacrosse all the same kid?

Watch the bio's of the kids coming out. All conference in soccer, basketball lacrosse etc....

It's also important to remember that some students work their asses off with tutors, extra help and studying weekends to get that 80-85 average. They take 4 or 5 SAT tests just to get that magic NCAA number to qualify to get any offer. Some come from socio economic challenges, some struggle with family illness, some don't meet the need for extra student services. I tell my daughter all the time everyone has a story, some are blessed with never needing anything and have wealth enough to attend any school they want but others are barely making ends meet. Nobody should PUT DOWN any school to athlete. I know quite a few girls who have played year round, attended camps and clinics and parents kissed major [lacrosse] but the athlete is just not college level material. Celebrate every student fortunate enough to play past high school, it's an experience like no other!