Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL. You know the Crabs were dominant before it was grade based, right?

More and more competition for the Crabs, so they will never be as dominant as they used to be. But they will always be one of the best clubs.

God, you haters need to get a life.

The Crabs in Maryland prior to the grade base club explosion were at the Top of Mountain for sure. Their age based U13 and U15 teams along with their grade based High School teams were really good. Usually the best. Anyone on the Crabs teams were considered top notch players back then.

This is just my observations. When this whole grade base teams came about a few years ago, Crabs pounced on it and with their reputation as a MIAA Club ( Where Majority Holdbacks/prefirst are) that and along with sending many public school kids playing for Crabs to MIAA high Schools.The Crabs dominated the holdbacks on their teams at beginning of grade base.

Now that the Lacrosse Club explosion has settled down it looks like the Crabs are losing some of their luster. FCA is obviously taking some of the better players now along with other clubs. High School affiliation with coaches is also starting to come into play with Clubs.
Coaching staff is a issue with specific teams and some clubs and specific teams have much better coaching staff than Crabs.

I see the Crabs still fielding good teams and be on top with some grade based teams.. But the days of Crabs always being First or Second will be a thing of the past here soon if not already next year.

I think the Top Private school coaches being linked to several different clubs is what is hurting the Crabs the most. I agree 3 to 4 years ago it was my kid is the best around so I am trying out for the Crabs. Now you say my high school coach is working with Club X I have to show up at those tryouts first.
Love a bunch of angry Dad's trying to make their club look better by predicting the end of Club lacrosse anchored at Boys Latin...Really just shut up.. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?