Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are currently 30+ very happy 2020 families (mix of holdbacks and on age)and a bunch of top college coaches who couldn't possibly care less about that statement as they now sit back and enjoy a lacrosse free Aug. The good news is that there is still time for you to stop making excuses for your little Johnny and get him to pick up the stick more, train harder etc etc. After all, it is you holdback critics who say "good players always play up". If that's so true then your boy should have just completed a great summer and secured himself a roster spot at his dream school as he competed and stood out, (as he always has) against a mix of older talented players..
my Johnny did pick up the stick more, trained harder, stood out this summer etc and is going to his dream school and enjoying some down time. You are so right, playing up was the difference maker and the better news is that he is on age. I can't imagine you and all the other holdbacks humiliation you must have felt by having to explain to your son that we have to have you play down now because although we always told you that playing up will make you better we now have to play you down with the younger kids so you will look better. the sad thing also is that all these holdbacks had parents that were clamoring to play up in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades and now clamor to play down. You have my pity and wish you Godspeed .

It's going to kill you when that kid's son gets an offer. Coaches don't care about the ages, only the classes. Keep on crying.