Originally Posted by Anonymous
They paid the deposit but never paid the rest so they were removed from the schedule last minute. They were given every opportunity to pay and did not return emails.

So Elevate paid the deposit for their 2018 Red team at the Rise and at Capital Cup and never paid the rest of the money so the team was removed from both schedules? Odd that they wouldn't pay the rest of the money and didn't return your calls. Hmmmmmmmmm.

So I saw this thread last week but did not want to comment until I was able to gather some facts which I did this weekend in Virginia. My daughter was on Elevate 2018 Red last year and this season we and others from the Red team left for Top Guns. I stopped by to see the combined 2017/18 Elevate team play this weekend at Capital Cup. There are few girls if any 2018 kids left from last years Red team. They have the same parent coach that we had last year (so Elevate does have parent coaches), I am surprised he has stuck it out this long. I only recognized 2 parents from last years 2018 Red team and they both seem very frustrated with the summer season. One told me that the 2018 Red team started to collapse about 2 tournaments ago so they folded them into the 2017/2018 combined team. That combined team had very few girls and each week and kids from other teams would just fill in. Neither of the 2018 parents I spoke to will be returning next year. I also saw a parent of a 202 Elevate kid playing on the 2017/18 team in Virginia - that probably reflects how desperate this team was to get kids this season. There is no possible way Elevate will have enough kids to field a 2nd 2018 team next year. The only big clubs on LI that will have 2 teams in the 2018 age group next year will be YJ, TG and Liberty. I told them that TG will have a few spots on their purple team as a few kids will not be coming back. I sort of felt bad for the parents that spent so much money to go to VA with this half baked team of kids who haven't played together much of the summer.

The 2018 Red team and 2017/18 team used 2019 and 202 kids all summer long. BAFFLES ME how parents pay that much money and Elevate is not cheap to play with a group of kids that can barely form a team and aren't really committed to being there.

Elevate cant use 2020 kids in those IWLCA sanctioned tournaments for recruiting no matter how desperate elevate may be to field teams. I am shocked nobody ratted Elevate and DK out yet to the IWLCA. I figure with all the people he has screwed over the years (vendors he hasn't paid, sports facilities, parents, other club directors, former elevate coaches he hasn't paid, etc.) somebody would rat him out by now. Hmmmmmmm