Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The clubs like the rule the way they are.
The leagues like the rules the way they are.
The High School and College coaches like the rules the way they are.
3 or 4 parents hate the rules and complain constantly instead of moving their kid to a team / league where they do like the rules.

Complete and utter BS. Go ask people in LI if they think holdbacks should be allowed to play down in youth lacrosse. They have a sizable club lacrosse community.

Only leagues that like the rule and goes by it is HOCO. Most leagues that have grade base teams also have a age restriction for all players.

HS teams and College teams are not hollering for Grade base teams?? HS and College did fine the last 50 years with age base??? What all the sudden we need grade base teams loaded with holdbacks??

It is much much more than 3 or 4 parents. Most people and coaches are against it, outside of MIAA area and other schools with holdbacks. And most people are civil and keep their mouth shut around the players. Almost No one blames the players.

We should ask LI. It's where grade based team started, even though it hurts them as they have Dec 1 school cut-off. At the end of the day most reasonable coaches and parents want their kids in playing in competitive games. The hoco league did a great job segmenting the teams. Even the Crabs with their older kids lost 2 games. The 2020 kids that played in the elite division should feel fortunate to play in such a competitive environment leading into HS and potential recruiting events. My kid played in AA, right where he should have. And that too was highly competitive with plenty of kids that will break through one day and over take some of the "elite" boys. I'm guessing the A & B divisions were the same. I'd be happy to see single year U divisions as my kids are July and April public school kids. But it seems hoco won't be changing anytime soon unless the clubs themselves change first. Ask soccer - it's hard to break up teams that have been together for a few years.