Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please let's not misunderstand
What youth sports have become
They are all running a company all be it through kids sports and as long as parents are going to drink the cool aid and continue to pay
The company will continue to grow

Travel sports while at the top level have increased in skill over the last decade or 2
They on a whole have become weakened
Back in the day you tried out for a team
If you mAde it - great - you were of the skill set to play travel ball in your given sport
Now they have almost All become well we had 40 kids at try out so we have 2 teams
When many of the kids on the second team are NOT. Travel ball ready
But mom and dad are ready to cut the check and put the bumper sticker on the Tahoe
Drive to Maryland - Pennsylvania - Massachusetts and many other states

When the fact is many "travel players" would NOT start on local PAL or school team depending on age

Ha ha this is so true, I can't believe how far even the 2nd YJ teams have fallen. I also think parents realize you don't have to play travel to play D2 or D3, which is appealing to students who want the full college experience.

What's your experience with YJ second teams? Kinda funny but 2/3 YJ team girls can walk on any other LI club A team without a tryout. Does that mean the likes of TG, Elevate now Igloo are that far behind? Maybe the competitive landscape has really dropped off!

My experience is with YJ 1st team, but have many friends who were on 2nd teams, many of which have left 2nd YJ team for other programs 1st teams, true. As a result some current YJ 2nd teams have filled these spots with girls that made 3rd team last year or did not make other programs 1st teams; some whose spot was taken by a YJ 2nd team player. So yes, in the past a 2nd YJ team player could very well walk onto another programs 1st team, many did. However, now that is not the case.