Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is no one on the Crabs 2020 team that is 15. All of the players are either 14 or 13, including the 6'1" midfielder.

Did anyone notice the scores in the tournaments when the Crabs 2020 played teams that were 2018 and 2019? They still won by a lot.

Its fall ..I still am surprised that no one is 15 yet..But give it a few months and they will start turning 15 and by next Spring and Summer your statement will be completely false..They will have plenty of kids 15...All the prefirst kids will be 15 on 2020..And spare me they are only summer birthdays. We all know better... And in Crab land it is optimal for 15 year old kids to play against 13 and 14 year old kids..RM said that is the Crab way,,,

By next summer all will be 14 or close to it. If it was still U15 would there be a controversy? There wasn't when my older kids were in 8th grade and playing U15 a few years ago. Pre-first and reclassing aren't new inventions. At some point if your kid is tracking to be an impact HS player and potentially a college player you should let go of your hang-ups about playing with and against kids a year or even some close to 2 years older. He probably doesn't care unless you put it in his head. BTW my kids are public school kids, No hold back and never Crabs.

This is about Crabs and there players playing down at youth level. At least at 15 it starts to somewhat even out do to puberty.But even then older kids are usually better. But at 9, 10, 11..There is a big difference between a bunch of 11 year old players and 10 .. And if the older player gets on better teams, and better coaching along with more playing time...that is an advantage that carries thru. The majority of kids are in a certain range of ability. That older year makes a difference in the way they are played in their small youth career.. The true great ability players will surpass the holdbacks..but the majority, the one older year makes a difference. Most MIAA teams are loaded with First Year college Freshman...Well are loaded with seniors in HS who were held back at one time in school.