Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid is on age, so are his teammates, they get oustanding coaching, Crabs is way cheaper than any other club program (and they give top of the line helmets and gloves for free to all new players) and he is getting fabulous exposure/competition. Again, sorry your kid did not make it, now please give it a rest.

I'm calling BS on this one

Yeah, I am a crabs parent and I will admit that there is no team that all kids are on age. My son is on age. MOST of his teammates are as well. There are 5 kids with spring summer birthdays that went to prefirst on his team. Not in 8th grade yet so no holdbacks.

Right there confirms what most people think about Crabs and Holdbacks..
Your before 8 grade team already has 5 holdbacks . That could be half the starting team held back. Advantage there??? of course..
Each year as you get closer to 9th grade there will be more and at 8-9th grade when many kids are held back..Even more holdbacks added to Crabs.. At that point it well could be at least 3/4 if not entire starting line up heldbacks....Advatage?? Big time...

Most common sense people find this out of wack with youth athletics...Get your advantage in HS not youth athletics..