Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just wondering why Elevate didn't compete this past weekend? All the top Maryland teams were there providing great competition. Many Colleges in attendance as well.

Team Elevate attended the IWLCA New England Cup at UMASS with the recruitable age girls and the younger teams went to Lax by the Sea in New Jersey.

What kind of teams did the Elevate 2017s and 2018s play up in MA this weekend? Were any decent teams there?

Honestly the teams were weak. I think the 2018s lost 1 game and the 16/17s won most of theirs. Best team was lady roc 2017 - competition fell off quickly from there and lady roc 2018 is not very good. As a parent traveling to these tournaments I would rather lose close games than win all of the games by a wide margin. Hopefully better competition coming up for the rest of the summer.

Weird that you would say that given you tied the Ct Grizzlies, lost to Lady Roc and did not overwhelm Mass Elite, a team that likely had a down game against you given that they beat the Ct Grizzlies team you tied.

I agree that the competition dropped off from the top 4 or so clubs there. So the main issue in some ages was the pooling. If the top teams from Lady Roc, Mass Elite, Elevate and say CT Grizzlies were all pooled together in their respective age groups, I think each game would have been competitive.