Originally Posted by Anonymous
As an outside observer, I was hoping I could get a question answered? Are YJ girls taught to engage on defense with their bottom hand extended and basically butt ending the attacking player? I see it consistently at all grade levels.

If you watched Mount Sinai - which is basically all YJ's - you would see all of the YJ tactics on display. Butt ends, cross checks, checking around the head, flops, goggle grabs, pulling strings, walking after the whistle, throwing your stick and knocking off your own goggles and head band, etc. etc.

It's really gross to teach the players to play the way they play.

Cue the standard YJ responses of:

1. If your daughter can't play the physical (illegal) game, she won't stand a chance in college -- continually misses the point that these are kids not college athletes

2. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" --- ethics many parents and coaches don't want to teach their children and players, but it's fine with this organization

It really was just an honest question. Are the girls coached these techniques?(In terms of coming in with their butt ends) If so, that is a shame.