Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]How did the 2020s do today?
How did the 2020s do today?

Lost in finals, lots of unhappy players and parents on 2020 Curcio. Huntington HS mom coach at it again. Kids left crying and team lost because of coaches. They got away from what makes them a great "TEAM" and went with a bunch of individuals out of there normal positions while some children were playing entire games including pool play and about 40-50 % of roster barely played and many didn't play at all. Oh and yes her daughter played entire games every second of most games, the games that she didn't play every second she played 90% of!

Are you under the impression that other top clubs don't do the same thing? As an M&D parent, I can assure you that they always play to win. This isn't town/rec lacrosse. There are plenty of games that YJ play that are blowouts and I am sure that the rest of the roster plays plents throughout a tournament. But yes, in a close game, there are girls thta hardly play or do not play at all. [/quote

Yes but her daughter is not good enough to warrant that much playtime, that's the difference.

Unlikely you are from M&D and if you are you are clueless. This particular "TEAM" YJ 2020 Curcio is good 1 thru 24, that is there upside! They have won in the past by wearing teams down and pulling away, the point is there isn't a single player on that roster that is that much better from top to bottom to warrant playing every second while another child does not. I'm not saying that some are not a bit better but 100% playing time to zero is disgraceful. The results were evident, the fact are when they went to this superior "line-up" the team struggled, they made numerous basic mistakes repeated off sides, unforced throwing errors, bad shooting choices, running ball up from defensive end to goal over and over, getting beat on slides, defenders consistently off sided, not a single attack in a low position or at X, what they got was lots of head down all about me and the result was they lost and looked bad in the games that they "needed to win". Yet in they Skywalker blue game the team was managed roughly the same way they normally play and it was wonderful to watch. They beat a very talented team handily and were even complimented by the Skywalker coaches. Does it mean they would have or will win every game they play "no" but I can bet they all would be happier and still win 99% of the time. Any of the top teams could have beaten each other on any given day, completion is good for all when given the ability to compete. The coaches were belittling and destroyed the confidence of many children and than when politely asked about it they completely denied it. Every child heard it and most told there parents. Great job ladies "coaches" you should be proud! Huntington coach/mom way to keep proving people right! As for the young lady coaches hopefully you learned something this weekend you were both players and some day god will bless you with children of your own. "remember that"

Sorry just wrong. There is always a drop off,have never seen a team with 24 equal players, and to now blame the superior line up makes you no better than the coaches.Got to watch the 2020 several times over the years and will say that seems some of your new superstars may be very good individual players but do not make you a better team. A lot more ballhogging going on ,think that will change when your actual coach returns.