Originally Posted by Anonymous
As an aside...if my daughter wants to major in a particular major, especially something that is very challenging like engineering...and the coach tells her "we do not allow that here" why in God's name would I ever consider that school as an option.

Nobody is going pro in this thing so parents need to stop acting like they are. College should be an academic decision (in the context of your financial abilities). Lacrosse should be a distant second.

This is not football or basketball...there are no million dollar contracts awaiting our daughters for lacrosse. And I view that as a glass half full, not half empty. We have the luxury of making an academic decision and that is great.

You would be SHOCKED at how many parents and kids are just about the playing and the package offered. As crazy as it sounds we know many that have entered as "undecided' after letting all their friends know what their major of preference was. Undecided gets you on the team but it almost always adds additional semesters onto your 4 year degree. You really need to be taking the mandatory pre reqs in your 1st semester because they vary greatly if you are going the science/medical or business route