This is common throughout travel teams, same posting yesterday on 91 forum. If the coaches have a son on team he will utilized him to no end to up his game regardless if he is dead wood or not and if there is top talent ahead of him he will make sure to only utilize them to make his/her own son look like the allstar, who will argue with a coach when your own son is at his mercy with playing time. The fact is get rid of parent coaching and see what happens to that kid then.. chances are he wouldnt even be a thought during tryouts.

Sad shame that parent coaching on travel is all about the coaches son , at the cost of others.

Originally Posted by schatzi
Mike C is very nice however.when you have customers "investing" big bucks ( orange, blue & white paying the same) : payment, helmet Express gear etc.) and you get no responses from anyone or one word responses it is a bit inconsiderate.Too - whenever some of the parents asked what the full price was after we had to make the first 500$ payment none of us ever got a response until it was time to be fitted for uniforms and we were 1000$ deep. As parents show consideration by letting team leaders know if we will be late or cannot make a practice , we are consistantly hanging by a thread. I'm glad (sort of) to hear that other OB teams are getting the same treatment. I really feel this team is not encouraging to my sons skills other than the practices, where it has become a good learning tool. He is also getting hardly any playing time, in for three minutes , whistle blows & line change. The coaches starters are on the field most of the time and we get blown out every weekend.