Originally Posted by Anonymous
The G8/Elite 8 in NJ two weeks prior to U-15. Looks like everybody who is somebody is going to that one. Any idea if it's showcase or championship format?

G10?

I see it called a lot of things (G8, G10, Elite 8), I assume they are the same as they all appear to be July 10-12 in Morristown/Morris Plains NJ. One could only hope it's championship format.

Love the idea. Invitational only, just like the 120 elite except for teams. If you only invite highly competitive teams, you save coaches the hassle of watching blow outs, so they get to see the best vs the best and actually get tested, that's why the coaches will show. From what I can figure is they are inviting the top 8 or 10 teams in each age group. I have wished for years for this to come along, we will see how it goes.
Charlie Shoulberg at STEPS has done a really good job with the Elite 120 which was very good with a ton of top college coaches in a showcase format where girls played on pre-determined teams with players from the top clubs, not with their own team. More of an individual showcase. The G10 will be a championship format with the best of the best club teams playing against each other, but many fewer teams than the normal tournaments, a really high caliber team showcase that is local for LI and NJ teams.