Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
[quote=Anonymous]To say that the girls are not coached to test the officials to see if they will blow the whistle and give cards would be untrue. This is similer at youth ages in other sports where nutty parents tell their kids "if the ref isn't going to call it push or hit them back" which is always the wrong message. Just watch a PAL game, travel girls are always encroaching before the whistle and always checking aggressively up high until they are sent off which unfortunately isn't nearly enough. The aggressive play or thug ball as you put it will eventually lead to the entire country wearing helmets which is unfortunate.

I have been a proponent of a basketball type foul system. XXX amount of fouls and then you watch from the bench. Watch how quick the game would clean up because no one wants to foul out

Here is the difference between YJ's and the other teams we have played. When a girl on any other team fouls some hard and gets a cards, in most cases, the girl is spoken to or coached in regards to the play. When it's a YJ the coach's laugh, the players laugh and the girl gets high fived as she comes off the field. Their actions breed contempt and don't discourage players from altering their "thuggish" behavior.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree I have witnessed a YJ player being reprimanded many times for play that would be considered too physical. I have two daughters who play, one for YJ and the other for Express and both clubs corrected overly physical play the same way. When finishing a line change each clubs coach would instruct the player on the problem with their over zealous play.
I'm calling B.S. on this one! No Y.J. parent would ever all a sibling to play for Girls express. it is, quite simply beneath them

I say the oldest sibling played for express while YJ was just getting started and you get sibling now at YJ. I know at least one family that had that situation and the older sibling plays for top DI program. So bitter are the haters on this site, sad to see...