Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i have a question about early verbal commits - both my daughters play lacrosse and are not in high school yet - all i keep hearing is about a girl in our town who committed to a very large d1 school in the 10 grade. i hear she is getting a full ride from the school she committed to. i find this hard to believe that a school will guarantee a kid in the 10th grade a full scholarship since i am told that d1 schools only have 12 scholarships per team. the school she is going to has 45 girls on the team and i am told they recruit almost a full team each year. so how dose this really work - not everyone gets a full free ride. how does the college determine how much scholarship money she will get and when are they told? thanks for everyone's help.
No one can really say that the girls parents you mention aren't being truthful, but having gone through the process myself and knowing one of the top 3 recruits for 2015, I can tell you that the parents are Stretching the the truth. Many people will neglect to say that a certain portion of the money is for academics or grants or financial aid. If I was to add in all of that my daughter would be getting about 85%, but for lacrosse alone she only gets 50%

Only top level players are offered 50%..Most something less...anything above that one must be a special player...