Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thug ball

To be clear.
This "thug ball" stuff started several years back during National Draw when 2015 YJ blue played 2015 TG black and a broken bone was sustained by a TG player. One goal game with a couple minutes left. Some deemed the check "cheap". Then the same 2015 YJ blue team played a MD team and a MD player sustained a broken leg. Some deemed the check "cheap". Same tournament...second incident.
That is when a poster started calling the YJ style of play "thug ball".

This moderator believes the YJ kids are aggressive but not "thugs". They play within the rules as other clubs do. They are carded as other players are when they violate the rules. "Thug ball" is old, untrue and frankly not representative of how the kids play.
Let it go......
what "the Hop" forgot to mention is the broken leg sustained by the Skywalkers player at L.F.A.C. or the constant swinging over girls heads, cross checks on "D" and "overly aggressive" pushing for ground balls. It's pretty obvious that The Hop has a daughter that either has, or still does play for Y.J. so I guess we can see where this board will go. No Mr. Hop I and other posters will not "let it go" as you so flippantly say while these things happen to our daughters

And don't forget the U15 game of the 2015 cohort. YJ ended up with such a rep that extra officials were called to final, where YJ lost THREE girls to red cards and lost. I call that hoisted by their own petards. 2015 YJ is/was a great team and had all the talent needed but chose to take the low road instead.