Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thug ball

To be clear.
This "thug ball" stuff started several years back during National Draw when 2015 YJ blue played 2015 TG black and a broken bone was sustained by a TG player. One goal game with a couple minutes left. Some deemed the check "cheap". Then the same 2015 YJ blue team played a MD team and a MD player sustained a broken leg. Some deemed the check "cheap". Same tournament...second incident.
That is when a poster started calling the YJ style of play "thug ball".

This moderator believes the YJ kids are aggressive but not "thugs". They play within the rules as other clubs do. They are carded as other players are when they violate the rules. "Thug ball" is old, untrue and frankly not representative of how the kids play.
Let it go......
what "the Hop" forgot to mention is the broken leg sustained by the Skywalkers player at L.F.A.C. or the constant swinging over girls heads, cross checks on "D" and "overly aggressive" pushing for ground balls. It's pretty obvious that The Hop has a daughter that either has, or still does play for Y.J. so I guess we can see where this board will go. No Mr. Hop I and other posters will not "let it go" as you so flippantly say while these things happen to our daughters

Yes the "Thug Ball" at YJ is alive and well. This past summer my D was playing YJ second 2019 team. Our team got ahead, with one particular player on our team scoring quite a bit. She happens to be of the small, quick variety. So what happens? Cross check that knocks her to the ground. No card just whistle. Obvious deliberate trip (More like a leg whip) as she goes by yet another hapless gold teamer. Again whistle, no card. Finally, a stick to the head and a yellow card. So what YJ has learned, or more likely has been taught, is that thug ball pays off. Keep doing it until it gets called. And even then, keep doing it. That girl walked off the field at the end of the game having still won, yes Gold is not as good as they think, but with severe bruises on the arms and shoulders, a sprained knee, which kept her out for the next month, and what I suspect was a concussion from whiplashing the ground because her mother said that the next week she seemed to have headaches more than usually.

That is not aggressive play, that is dirty play. Someone needs to understand the difference, particularly at the youth ages where the refereeing is spotty at best. I know the retorts from YJ nation ... "If she can't take it how will she ever play collegiately ..." or "have her play badminton..." ... Heard it all already. All those statements prove is that you are Thugs. So here is a request-- YJ parents, your girls are talented lacrosse players. They don't need to resort to cheating to win games. So demand that your program teach them the rules and some sportsmanship. Rather than get defensive, help correct the situation.