BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,890
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 45 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw a tweet that sweetlax 2017 is up to 13 D1 commits to top schools. Looks like Turtles and 91 are really not anything special. Others clubs claiming the same numders!

Sweet lax love to see those dob's.

Men amongst boys. A team of mercenaries in the vein of the FCA taken to new levels. My kid was asked several times to join both. I am sure many on this board have been approached as well. They will use your kid to better their name but promote only those from within. It's as transparent as crystal and anyone who falls for that tripe will be taken for a ride.

CORRECT. Sweetlax isn't really a "team". Its like what Crabs use to do with a rotating roster, we see how well that is working for the Crabs now (NOT!). Sweetlax wants the to USE the kids from Long Island, NJ or Conn to grab their better kids from Upstate (that is where Sweetlax is based).

You can play ONE tournament for them and they will slap your sons name, HS & college he is committed to on THEIR SITE. Turned us off last year (my kid is a 2016) and we bailed quick.

So you are saying they are like fca, west coast stars, 3d, etc. Didn't some turtles play for FCA last summer? Why us it bad to have an invite only team? Isn't that what happens when you are recruited by a college?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw a tweet that sweetlax 2017 is up to 13 D1 commits to top schools. Looks like Turtles and 91 are really not anything special. Others clubs claiming the same numders!

Men amongst boys. A team of mercenaries in the vein of the FCA taken to new levels. My kid was asked several times to join both. I am sure many on this board have been approached as well. They will use your kid to better their name but promote only those from within. It's as transparent as crystal and anyone who falls for that tripe will be taken for a ride.

CORRECT. Sweetlax isn't really a "team". Its like what Crabs use to do with a rotating roster, we see how well that is working for the Crabs now (NOT!). Sweetlax wants the to USE the kids from Long Island, NJ or Conn to grab their better kids from Upstate (that is where Sweetlax is based).

You can play ONE tournament for them and they will slap your sons name, HS & college he is committed to on THEIR SITE. Turned us off last year (my kid is a 2016) and we bailed quick.

So you are saying they are like fca, west coast stars, 3d, etc. Didn't some turtles play for FCA last summer? Why us it bad to have an invite only team? Isn't that what happens when you are recruited by a college?

Well said, anyone given the opportunity to play on one of those teams would jump at the chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea if I get the invite I'm taking it ! I have no morals so I'm not affected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several Turtles didnt make the maverick all star game last Summer. Much tougher when its individual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 team is composed of fragments of several ex turtles, fl$, GC,express and numerous others who were standouts in their own rights; yet have not the benefit of the time to develop the chemistry required to be at the level that they are used to previously and expected to right out of the box. Given ample time; these players given their considerable skills would be a formidable opponent to any team.

Add in the usual conspiring lateral interests and obligations and this team is always climbing uphill trying to define itself with the given plethora of abilities across the board. Had they been together for a longer period of time; the results would mimic those of the esteemed TT's.

So...the DMV should just back off. The skills thes kids display individually are the reasons they have such a fine recruiting class. The college coaches see this and have awarded them as they have seen fit. The lack of team chemistry prevailing; has not left this team bereft of talent that accords them the accolades they have received.

Pathetic, but if that helps you cope then stay with the story. Strong lacrosse players are strong lacrosse players. The top teams in the DMV and in Maryland turn players over a lot too, Crabs will cut and add 4-5 every cycle. So there are plenty of ex-Crabs, ex-other club kids hooking on elsewhere or changing clubs for their own reasons. One thing travels with them: their ability. Any collection of 10 players on the field would be a formidable opponent if they had great players and played well. Neither is the case with your team, and be grateful your club owner and coach is a great salesman to sell kids off to D1 programs. Nobody's eyes are fooling them. [/quote]

So, in your view; all of those D1 coaches have had the wool pulled over their eyes and they are totally incompetent judges Of lax talent And ability.
Really? Why don't you just call all of them up and inform them all of their collective folly!

What an [lacrosse]. Really.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several Turtles didnt make the maverick all star game last Summer. Much tougher when its individual.

Also
Much tougher for them when club coaches were the team coaches at maverivk. Not too much nepotism in that selection process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so let me get this straight, FCA, sweetlax, and WCS to name a few add and subtract new players each year, sometimes each tournament, and they're still able to competitive???
There goes your "if we were together longer" argument.
Good players=good team.
91 is more like the land of misfit toys. From this point on we will refer to JM as Santa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is just an enigma then. Not a very good team, no strong on defense midfield or offense, lose games to average 3d regional teams at 3d tournaments, get bombed at Crabs or Adrenaline tournaments. Maybe they have really bad team chemistry, but isn't that what you guys call kids with lacrosse IQ? My son played at Maverik with Turtles and at some prospect events last year. All the great players show out and make the other kids on their squad better. I guess some of us like me really don't get how such an abysmal team can place so many kids high. Great salesmanship, we all agree there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is a lot like Roughriders in Maryland. Bad teams, maybe two high level kids on teams yet Roughriders always seem to fill up D1 commit lists and put tons of kids on UA Underclass teams. There are certainly clubs with a lot of muscle and credibility flexing and getting accolades steered to their kids regardless of ability. As a Roughriders dad said, that's why we pay the bigger bucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also
Much tougher for them when club coaches were the team coaches at maverivk. Not too much nepotism in that selection process.

How did Turtles do playing for FCA?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the Maverik all-stars, let's not forget that the Turtle-loaded FCA team was a complete flop at U15s. Is it fair to question the individual talent of these boys like you did about the players on 91? It seems a little tougher when they leave the bale, huh?

so let me get this straight, FCA, sweetlax, and WCS to name a few add and subtract new players each year, sometimes each tournament, and they're still able to competitive???
There goes your "if we were together longer" argument.
Good players=good team.
91 is more like the land of misfit toys. From this point on we will refer to JM as Santa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The green color of pure envy is just bleeding off of my screen from the DMV 😉

Keep crying😢 about our commits and Keep trying boys...and don't worry; your kids will be working for our 91 boys someday!

And THAT is the final word!😜

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Maverik basically LI, Upstate + other Tri-State? It seems very few kids from outside the NE corridor go to that thing. Not to say that it isn't a great event, but is it more or less a best-of-best from NorthEast? Very few kids in MD, DMV or other mid-Atlantic usual suspects went. A few Philly kids my son knew, and my son went but it struck me as a very regional event. Very high end, but also NE concentrated. Why is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maverick all-star game? Several of those kids who DID make the all star team there are STILL NOT COMMITTED ANYWHERE. Some even reclassify to 2018's. Every single turtle has had a very strong freshman year in their different High School teams, be assured that the turtles play just fine when not together. Just ask all those different D1 coaches whom committed them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying😢 about our commits and Keep trying boys...and don't worry; your kids will be working for our 91 boys someday!

Oh god, what a tool. Go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not saying that at all. FCA doesn't flaunt "D1 Commits" that play ONE GAME with FCA. Nor does 3D or WCS. So learn the landscape before you come off like an idiot. No problem with an "invite only team", but Sweetlax does it different. They are all about pushing all these D1 committed players who DONT play for Sweetlax on a regular basis.

And yes many of the Turtles played in Denver for FCA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maverick all-star game? Several of those kids who DID make the all star team there are STILL NOT COMMITTED ANYWHERE. Some even reclassify to 2018's. Every single turtle has had a very strong freshman year in their different High School teams, be assured that the turtles play just fine when not together. Just ask all those different D1 coaches whom committed them.

Every single one? Are you sure about that?? pretty sure some rarely stepped on field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need a tissue? The scoreboard is the only honest arbiter in sports. After all the shouting about team chemistry, kids playing a fall sport, bad officiating, too much time in between games on a cold day, or other excuses the scoreboard says you were this many goals better or worse than the opponent today. Turtles don't seem to have an issue with that. My son's team - which has lost to Turtles a few times - has no issue with that.

Now the really bad news: the scoreboard follows these kids all through HS and college and beyond. Technically, life after college is a scoreboard too with jobs and salaries and the rest of it. Every 40 something year old LOSER I know sounds a lot like a Team 91 dad rationalizing mediocrity and celebrating the phony.

Thanks for playin, Biff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so everyone knows, FCA does put together "tournament teams" but they also have local teams based out of Baltimore. FCA Blue and FCA White at each grade level beginning with 2017.
FCA Blue is the team with the commits and they do not flaunt them. In fact at most of these fall tournaments, they are focused on getting the non-commited kids their looks and not worried about winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not saying that at all. FCA doesn't flaunt "D1 Commits" that play ONE GAME with FCA. Nor does 3D or WCS. So learn the landscape before you come off like an idiot. No problem with an "invite only team", but Sweetlax does it different. They are all about pushing all these D1 committed players who DONT play for Sweetlax on a regular basis.

And? Why do you care so much? Don't see a problem here. Some kids just like to play on competitive teams and get to know other commits they will be playing with and against in college any chance they get. I don't see anything being pushed but good competitive lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares!!! And so what. If your committed the kids should play where they want!!!!! Why do you have a problem with that. I know why ....because you are nuts!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every single one? Are you sure about that?? pretty sure some rarely stepped on field!

False. Many played & started on Varsity, some started & excelled on JV. And the SA & Chaminade turtles all started on their freshman teams (thats the catholics system) except goalie whom started on SA JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so everyone knows, FCA does put together "tournament teams" but they also have local teams based out of Baltimore. FCA Blue and FCA White at each grade level beginning with 2017.
FCA Blue is the team with the commits and they do not flaunt them. In fact at most of these fall tournaments, they are focused on getting the non-commited kids their looks and not worried about winning.

Flaunt them like the Turtles do posting them on website and blogs? Haha the hypocrisy is astounding!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares!!! And so what. If your committed the kids should play where they want!!!!! Why do you have a problem with that. I know why ....because you are nuts!!! [/quote]

1- You CARE because you not on take the time to be on this site but you read this post AND replied!

2- Why is it always people coming on here saying to people "your nuts" or "get a life" or "who cares".

3- Point was the Sweetlax club is miss leading people, that was the POINT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strongly disagree about 3D, they will list you on their site if you have played with them at all. 3D has a national team and "local teams". Local teams are made up of local kids who are paying plus kids they fly out to win the game. Sometimes the locals don't step on the field. Classification age is fluid. The corporate model is gaining recognition by winning and promoting high profile kids to get them recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need a tissue? The scoreboard is the only honest arbiter in sports. After all the shouting about team chemistry, kids playing a fall sport, bad officiating, too much time in between games on a cold day, or other excuses the scoreboard says you were this many goals better or worse than the opponent today. Turtles don't seem to have an issue with that. My son's team - which has lost to Turtles a few times - has no issue with that.

Now the really bad news: the scoreboard follows these kids all through HS and college and beyond. Technically, life after college is a scoreboard too with jobs and salaries and the rest of it. Every 40 something year old LOSER I know sounds a lot like a Team 91 dad rationalizing mediocrity and celebrating the phony.

Thanks for playin, Biff

Clearly not able to grasp the fact that the scoreboard of life is already in their favor. The the commit score board, Biff!!
Where, pray tell, is your Minnie Biff Commited to? You sound so angry.
Get over it Big Biff.
Now go back to preaching to your son. Your rhetoric is not going over well here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flaunt them like the Turtles do posting them on website and blogs? Haha the hypocrisy is astounding!

Buddy, the TURTLES are a REGULAR TEAM of all Long Island players which has been together for years, with very little changes made to roster from the start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see who the survivors are in a few years. It seems like Adrenaline and 3d are the two that are major players in teams, events and other including video and recruiting bureaus. If you are running a major club but one of these two stops inviting you to tournaments, will that leverage these two have leverage over who gets weakened by them? Sure, Crabs and Dukes run good events but neither are beyond local or nearly as well capitalized and organized as Adrenaline and 3d.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see who the survivors are in a few years. It seems like Adrenaline and 3d are the two that are major players in teams, events and other including video and recruiting bureaus. If you are running a major club but one of these two stops inviting you to tournaments, will that leverage these two have leverage over who gets weakened by them? Sure, Crabs and Dukes run good events but neither are beyond local or nearly as well capitalized and organized as Adrenaline and 3d.

3D has certainly become a monster of a company and it would seem they have a chance to knock everyone off of the map. Their growth across the nation is viral at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3D has certainly become a monster of a company and it would seem they have a chance to knock everyone off of the map. Their growth across the nation is viral at this point.

They do a great job with certain things, in some areas of the country players are moving away from their clubs because while they offer great instruction if you aren't one of the recognized stars you will be on the sidelines during tourneys. Some kids do like the team aspect of the sport, not having older kids and superstars come in from Canada and other parts of the US to ensure a win for your team. Parents don't want to pay big $ and travel costs to have junior watch his "team" win from the sideline. Like anything else, they have a place and are beneficial to some. They absolutely push reclassifying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more. When they come to Long Island it will be the last nail for Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...Sandusky

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 91 orange has very weak goalie play and that is the main reason such a talented team doesn't win games. Rather than take the best goalies at the tryouts JM keeps "his guys".

you are neglecting the attacks who don't pass, the middies who are weak as [lacrosse] who can't shoot, but swim into a crowd every time, and the dad keeps him on the field, and the defenders who fooled the recruiters a while back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 91 orange has very weak goalie play and that is the main reason such a talented team doesn't win games. Rather than take the best goalies at the tryouts JM keeps "his guys".

you are neglecting the attacks who don't pass, the middies who are weak as [lacrosse] who can't shoot, but swim into a crowd every time, and the dad keeps him on the field, and the defenders who fooled the recruiters a while back.

Hey, donkey

13 recruiters fooled so far. All top D1 programs and they all fooled every recruiter by being all stars at Maverick,philly showcase and winning the Brine nationals and going undefeated at JR, etc...fooled all of those showcase evaluators too!

Just face it donkey....your kid is not in the same caliber to be recuited by the likes of these schools as he doesn't have the ability to fool the head coaches of:

Yale
Penn x2
Cornell
Duke x2
Michigan
Notre dame
Georgetown
Boston university
Fairfield
Bucknell

Fooled everyone of these myopic D 1 coaches and their recruiting staffs and then will fool all of these schools into giving them degrees and then fool all of the top job recruiters into great spots in what ever field they choose. That's how you see it. Regular magicians they are!!

donkey (and I say that with all intended respect for those who have chosen to be mentally challenged)...The only fool here is you for making such a donkey statement and wasting bandwidth with your snide remarks.

(How's that big mouthful of jealousy tasting right about now?...why not wash it down with a tall glass of green envy tea, you [lacrosse]!...too bad you have to eat it everyday knowing that these kids fooled them all)

Yup...No hard work required by these kids nor years of dedication. They were just handed everything by being nice guys and saying ...,"oh, oh,....mr D1 coach, can I play for you??!?...pleeeeaaassse???"

Works every time, donkey.

Why can't you figure it out???.....oops, I forgot; your a donkey. You get a pass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, donkey

13 recruiters fooled so far. All top D1 programs and they all fooled every recruiter by being all stars at Maverick,philly showcase and winning the Brine nationals and going undefeated at JR, etc...fooled all of those showcase evaluators too!

Just face it donkey....your kid is not in the same caliber to be recuited by the likes of these schools as he doesn't have the ability to fool the head coaches of:

Yale
Penn x2
Cornell
Duke x2
Michigan
Notre dame
Georgetown
Boston university
Fairfield
Bucknell

Fooled everyone of these myopic D 1 coaches and their recruiting staffs and then will fool all of these schools into giving them degrees and then fool all of the top job recruiters into great spots in what ever field they choose. That's how you see it. Regular magicians they are!!

donkey (and I say that with all intended respect for those who have chosen to be mentally challenged)...The only fool here is you for making such a donkey statement and wasting bandwidth with your snide remarks.

(How's that big mouthful of jealousy tasting right about now?...why not wash it down with a tall glass of green envy tea, you [lacrosse]!...too bad you have to eat it everyday knowing that these kids fooled them all)

Yup...No hard work required by these kids nor years of dedication. They were just handed everything by being nice guys and saying ...,"oh, oh,....mr D1 coach, can I play for you??!?...pleeeeaaassse???"

Why can't you figure it out???.....oops, I forgot; your a donkey. You get a pass.

91...the Oakland Raiders or lax. If you cant win, intimidate until you get a rise in your shorts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could all of you low life fathers of mediocre children please stop talking s**t about FIFTEEN year olds who have excelled, from behind a computer screen! If you have an issue with a team, then talk to them in person. We know that you failed and accomplished nothing as a child and want your children to live the life you never did, but don't put down other children who worked their asses off to become great. It amazes me how people become so much tougher behind anonymous scree names. Now get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not clear why placing such importance on club teams winning at this age. I care more about being put in the position to be recruited by the great programs 91 kids are commited to than winning a single meaningless fall game for kids who don't practice together as a team
Winning fall games only means something to the parents or to programs like outlaws. The 91 kids will have plenty of time celebrating their ncaa victories soon enough. Then it will mean something

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, donkey

Yale
Penn x2
Cornell
Duke x2
Michigan
Notre dame
Georgetown
Boston university
Fairfield
Bucknell

I do not get why it is that you both do not feel silly for the exchange. I do not understand it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not clear why placing such importance on club teams winning at this age. I care more about being put in the position to be recruited by the great programs 91 kids are commited to than winning a single meaningless fall game for kids who don't practice together as a team
Winning fall games only means something to the parents or to programs like outlaws. The 91 kids will have plenty of time celebrating their ncaa victories soon enough. Then it will mean something

Nobody was talking about fall games. 91 orange doesn't win any time of year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody was talking about fall games. 91 orange doesn't win any time of year.

But their players are committed to the best schools. I don't see a problem here, except maybe your stage concern with winning a club game that nobody but crazy parents care about!

Page 31 of 45 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard