BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 45 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Little over the top that Ty Xanders publishes rosters. I know these are recruiting tournaments but it isn't best to make 13,14,15,16 year olds public figures. Didn't work out for Lindsay Lohan or Danny Bonaducci so well. This world of fantasy schoolboy lacrosse is crossing some lines toward pedophilia. Boy crush write ups and tweets on pre pubes? Now I like it when coaches recruited my son, but all that happens without this.

Why are you mad about this? Newsday does it. It's public knowledge. If you don't want people to know who you are, don't play. I think there is anger because Ty hasn't noticed your son. Please stop!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got noticed, thank you. And Newsday doesn't post youth sport rosters on a blog. If you disagree with the point, fine but I doubt parents in general appreciate this lack of discretion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little over the top that Ty Xanders publishes rosters. I know these are recruiting tournaments but it isn't best to make 13,14,15,16 year olds public figures. Didn't work out for Lindsay Lohan or Danny Bonaducci so well. This world of fantasy schoolboy lacrosse is crossing some lines toward pedophilia. Boy crush write ups and tweets on pre pubes? Now I like it when coaches recruited my son, but all that happens without this.

I'm sure the event coordinator asked him to include in his preview. Believe it or not they're trying to help those kids get noticed by college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got noticed, thank you. And Newsday doesn't post youth sport rosters on a blog. If you disagree with the point, fine but I doubt parents in general appreciate this lack of discretion.

so your son got noticed, isn't even playing in this event, and your upset why?? keep trolling my friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsday and MSG both publish rosters. Adrenalin published the rosters online as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders posted those rosters because the owner of LU told him to. He works for him now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the event coordinator asked him to include in his preview. Believe it or not they're trying to help those kids get noticed by college coaches.

Yes Ty is all about the kids, not page hits. $$$$$$$$$.
College coaches have access to rosters. The general public will not recruit anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say he works for LU then wouldn't he have LU ads or mentions on his site?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches have access to rosters. The general public will not recruit anyone.

Thank you. That is exactly the relevant point. College coaches who are recruiting these kids don't need to be checking a blog site for rosters and where the kids go to school. It is in the event programs they are provided with. My concerns for my 2017 and his club mates and for my middle school son is this has become a joke of a sport. Lacrosse is varsity social media masquerading as a sport being played on the fields. It is all fine and well to be flattered to be recruited and get an opportunity, but I think it gets phony when club ball is all about how individuals showcased selfishly rather than showing team play and lacrosse IQ. Playing lacrosse like a team and making the extra pass and smart slides didn't hurt the Turtles 2017s. I more 2017 teams would play like that. Yes, Ty Xanders is a blight on the game. That whole thing celebrates phony crap. Why NCAA coaches would even talk to him is beyond me. Kid couldn't letter in volleyball at a Maryland high school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. That is exactly the relevant point. College coaches who are recruiting these kids don't need to be checking a blog site for rosters and where the kids go to school. It is in the event programs they are provided with. My concerns for my 2017 and his club mates and for my middle school son is this has become a joke of a sport. Lacrosse is varsity social media masquerading as a sport being played on the fields. It is all fine and well to be flattered to be recruited and get an opportunity, but I think it gets phony when club ball is all about how individuals showcased selfishly rather than showing team play and lacrosse IQ. Playing lacrosse like a team and making the extra pass and smart slides didn't hurt the Turtles 2017s. I more 2017 teams would play like that. Yes, Ty Xanders is a blight on the game. That whole thing celebrates phony crap. Why NCAA coaches would even talk to him is beyond me. Kid couldn't letter in volleyball at a Maryland high school

Who else profits? The tourney director when parents who think having Jr's name published in a roster online will help him get recruited. The club owners who have parents thrilled to see Jr's name on the internet!!!!

The college coaches will be relying on the programs they have always used. Kids now have names and info published on the web for anyone to see and who knows how they will be used? I'm not saying they will be used inappropriately, but why would anyone want their kid's name and info published? It opens the door to scams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend results??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who else profits? The tourney director when parents who think having Jr's name published in a roster online will help him get recruited. The club owners who have parents thrilled to see Jr's name on the internet!!!!

The college coaches will be relying on the programs they have always used. Kids now have names and info published on the web for anyone to see and who knows how they will be used? I'm not saying they will be used inappropriately, but why would anyone want their kid's name and info published? It opens the door to scams.

Then don't play! Are you kidding? ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend results??

Outlaws select 8-0 Played at Quakerfest and Adrenaline ... 2 top events ... Good fall so far... Keep it up boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch! Was that Girls or Boys he couldn't letter in??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then don't play! Are you kidding? ?

No are you kidding? One of my other kids is an actor, all the parents who think precious will get a big break from somewhere other than the usual channels end up with creeps pursuing their kid. Like Lindsey Lohan's mama, turned a nice little girl into a mess because mama wanted fame.

Maybe you can get your son a sleepover at Ty's. Too bad your kid didn't play football, I hear Penn State's coach took a special interest in certain boys. Seems like kids have been recruited for years without Ty posting names and roosters. Why start now? It is creepy. Guess you need your kids name on the internet. The THRILL!

BTW: my kid is committed, and we haven't published it anywhere. His future coach, his family and our club coaches know. His friends know. Ty does not know.

Tell me again what the advantage is? Do you think D1 coaches are trolling Ty's site for kid's names? "Ohhh Bobby Smith from Big Club got published on Ty's site BETTER snap him up!!!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading this thread all night trying to decide whether you all are hysterical or just bitter. Wahhhhhh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Plus a little humor at end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No are you kidding? One of my other kids is an actor, all the parents who think precious will get a big break from somewhere other than the usual channels end up with creeps pursuing their kid. Like Lindsey Lohan's mama, turned a nice little girl into a mess because mama wanted fame.

Maybe you can get your son a sleepover at Ty's. Too bad your kid didn't play football, I hear Penn State's coach took a special interest in certain boys. Seems like kids have been recruited for years without Ty posting names and roosters. Why start now? It is creepy. Guess you need your kids name on the internet. The THRILL!

BTW: my kid is committed, and we haven't published it anywhere. His future coach, his family and our club coaches know. His friends know. Ty does not know.

Tell me again what the advantage is? Do you think D1 coaches are trolling Ty's site for kid's names? "Ohhh Bobby Smith from Big Club got published on Ty's site BETTER snap him up!!!"

[/quote]
Sadly, it is not just Ty anymore. 3d rising, TopLax recruits and a host of others all put together their own "impressive" or "highlight" players lists from their own events. All of this info has really diluted the impact and value of this sort of this information. Just goes to further show the politics involved and the self serving nature of this "news" for the public.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly, it is not just Ty anymore. 3d rising, TopLax recruits and a host of others all put together their own "impressive" or "highlight" players lists from their own events. All of this info has really diluted the impact and value of this sort of this information. Just goes to further show the politics involved and the self serving nature of this "news" for the public. [/quote]

What it really goes to show is how the internet age has eliminated any barriers to entry to the information business. In some cases, this is a great thing, but often it's a case of too much of a good thing. As consumers of this news, it's up to us to validate, or not, the source.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great comment on the volume of this diluting the substance. My kid was an All-Star at session two or three or four of the IL Showcase this fall. I am not even sure which one and am certainly not sure it is a great accolade. If it was the emails or calls from our club coach would be streaming in and they are not. This whole shout out thing over Twitter and blog sites like Ty Xanders or 3d is like getting the kids and the dads in the white van for some candy and a ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great comment on the volume of this diluting the substance. My kid was an All-Star at session two or three or four of the IL Showcase this fall. I am not even sure which one and am certainly not sure it is a great accolade. If it was the emails or calls from our club coach would be streaming in and they are not. This whole shout out thing over Twitter and blog sites like Ty Xanders or 3d is like getting the kids and the dads in the white van for some candy and a ride.

Free puppies too. Keep in mind most of us using this site are a generation older than the guys you are chirping about and are most likely TMZ'ing the popularity of the sport. Non of it matters. The serious coaches are professional enough to make their own evaluation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly, it is not just Ty anymore. 3d rising, TopLax recruits and a host of others all put together their own "impressive" or "highlight" players lists from their own events. All of this info has really diluted the impact and value of this sort of this information. Just goes to further show the politics involved and the self serving nature of this "news" for the public.

What it really goes to show is how the internet age has eliminated any barriers to entry to the information business. In some cases, this is a great thing, but often it's a case of too much of a good thing. As consumers of this news, it's up to us to validate, or not, the source.

We have brought this on ourselves. The typical lacrosse parent (myself included) does not want to be left out of the mix. Therefore when someone tweets about a great prospect or the latest D1 commit we eat it up. “What club does he play for?” “Maybe my kid should switch to that club.” “What tournament was he just in?” “What showcases did he go to?” Although your son may not be a legitimate D1 prospect (mine included) we dare not ignore any of these things for fear of missing out on an opportunity. The exposure of these well deserving players in social media helps to continue to promote the idea that if your son is not on the D1 radar somewhere, you as a parent, are not doing enough.

The truth of the matter is in most cases we are doing way too much.

How many clubs are fielding A level teams that are not really at that level? Why? Because we want our sons playing on an A team to give them the best chance for recruitment.

How many clinics do you get solicited for? Probably enough for each night of the week. Why? Because we continue to sign our sons up for them because we want to give them the best chance for recruitment.

How many prospect camps do we get invitations for? Are they legitimate invitations or money grabs? I don’t know but we send our sons just in case because we want to give them the best chance for recruitment.

How many showcases have you enrolled your son in? Why? Because we want to give them the best chance for recruitment.

If your son is a true D1 prospect, at this point you know it. You will probably continue to do these things because you are seeing results and therefore must be on the right path.

If your son is a marginal D1 prospect you will probable continue to do these things because maybe the next one puts him over the top.

If your son is not a legitimate D1 prospect, you will probably continue to do these things any way because that’s what everyone else is doing and you don’t want to be left out. (Or you do not realize he is in this category).

As a parent of a good player who probably falls into the third category it’s difficult to not buy into these things. Every player is different and each parent needs to approach this in a way that is best for their son. The frenzy that gets stirred up after each tournament or after each commitment announcement makes it more difficult.

Who ultimately benefits in the end? We all know that answer. We right their names on checks each season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CORRECTION
We write their names on checks each season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares what the Outlaws do. Except the 22 Parents. Team records are done, its about High School and College.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the people that benefit the most are the names on the checks and the tournaments we go to. By the time your son is a sophomore and has not committed to a D1 program - panic sets in. I would assume if you are a legitimate D1 prospect - you know it by now. I just don't understand the D1 commits as freshman or sophomores. If you are that good - why commit? Surely you we only get better and more wanted by D1 coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say he works for LU then wouldn't he have LU ads or mentions on his site?

Then he couldn't claim to be unbiased when writing about the amazing Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the people that benefit the most are the names on the checks and the tournaments we go to. By the time your son is a sophomore and has not committed to a D1 program - panic sets in. I would assume if you are a legitimate D1 prospect - you know it by now. I just don't understand the D1 commits as freshman or sophomores. If you are that good - why commit? Surely you we only get better and more wanted by D1 coaches.

Yes, panic sets in … fueled by all the internet hype. Parents are busy undercutting player so and so behind their backs, it really is sad, putting it on the web doesn't help. Look at this board, parents commenting that the goalie from team X isn't that good, or criticizing 14 year old kids play (or even younger players, your 5th grader sucks if he didn't make team Q. Even the top athletes have off days (ask Peyton Manning) but parents act like 14 year olds are public figures because they are named on a list of top prospects, or mentioned in a tweet by some drop-out with self-promotion skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously do or you wouldn't waste your fingers typing about it. Don't be hater!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares what the Outlaws do. Except the 22 Parents. Team records are done, its about High School and College.

Or the 30 or so coaches that watched them all weekend,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Norm, back to the operating room bud. Sorry Leif couldn't hang with TT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the sport follows the other "$$" sports; the players will commit and de-commit to "greener pastures". You are in the beginning of this; you will probably see this as your son is in their 3rd year of college.

Player from 2022 committed as freshman then by your senior year is committed somewhere else. It might be seen as early as 2020 depending on the talent pool in the sport. Those west coast and southern ballers know all about this from football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who the anonymous simpleton is who wrote this above statement, but I personally feel that the turtles are without doubt the best team in the 2017 class nationally period. NONE OF THIS DRIVEL regarding above ^ is by me and can be verified by ISP search by the moderator if he cares to.

Never had a bad word to say about those great players and was glad my son had the opportunity to play and learn from their coaches. He made many friends with those kids and is still tight with all of them. There was never a matter of him not being able to "hang" with the turtles. His abilities and subsequent commitment confirms his ability to "hang" anywhere he cares to. There was just not a good fit with that program and that is that. My hat is off to all of their accomplishments and I stand along with many others and offer my congrats to a great program and team. Bravo.

Now since I was dragged into this melee by yet another keyboard ninja; let me say that it should be no mystery as to where I or any one of thousands stand on the subject of the "writer without credentials".
There has been enough stated about that subject and the lax world should move on. There are as many opinions about him and his questionable alliances and motives as there are lax players; yet the "writer" had ZERO impact on my son as he was off of the available players to commit board as of last February, far before the "writer" even chanced a thought at the 2017 class and their abilities.

Please; if you are man enough to bring about a child's name and mine into this public domain; then be man enough to sign your name after your inane and inflammatory remarks. It would be the right thing to do; however I feel that your cowardness and need to hide behind your ninja keyboard anonymously will not change. If you care to "man up" it would be a step forward in your ability to act as an adult and a man.

Care to step forward and identify yourself ?? I think not. Continue to be spineless; its in your best interest.

Thank you

Norm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who the anonymous simpleton is who wrote this above statement, but I personally feel that the turtles are without doubt the best team in the 2017 class nationally period. NONE OF THIS DRIVEL regarding above ^ is by me and can be verified by ISP search by the moderator if he cares to.

Never had a bad word to say about those great players and was glad my son had the opportunity to play and learn from their coaches. He made many friends with those kids and is still tight with all of them. There was never a matter of him not being able to "hang" with the turtles. His abilities and subsequent commitment confirms his ability to "hang" anywhere he cares to. There was just not a good fit with that program and that is that. My hat is off to all of their accomplishments and I stand along with many others and offer my congrats to a great program and team. Bravo.

Now since I was dragged into this melee by yet another keyboard ninja; let me say that it should be no mystery as to where I or any one of thousands stand on the subject of the "writer without credentials".
There has been enough stated about that subject and the lax world should move on. There are as many opinions about him and his questionable alliances and motives as there are lax players; yet the "writer" had ZERO impact on my son as he was off of the available players to commit board as of last February, far before the "writer" even chanced a thought at the 2017 class and their abilities.

Please; if you are man enough to bring about a child's name and mine into this public domain; then be man enough to sign your name after your inane and inflammatory remarks. It would be the right thing to do; however I feel that your cowardness and need to hide behind your ninja keyboard anonymously will not change. If you care to "man up" it would be a step forward in your ability to act as an adult and a man.

Care to step forward and identify yourself ?? I think not. Continue to be spineless; its in your best interest.

Thank you

Norm

If the Turtles are so great, why did they stop playing up? 2017 is a weak talent year. Don't recall many of them excelling on their varsity teams for that matter either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Norm for President. www.normforpresident.com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the Turtles are so great, why did they stop playing up? 2017 is a weak talent year. Don't recall many of them excelling on their varsity teams for that matter either.

You're wrong a few have excelled on their varsity teams including Laviano who has been starting for a strong Cold Spring Harbor varsity since 8th grade. He had a great weekend with the Turtles this past weekend too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Norm

So thats what you get from a man who comes on this site to protect his and his sons name...a stab at the turtles who you obviously despise and discount the D1 coaches that recruited the individuals on that team...wow you are not worth the bandwidth for this reply. Go back to your hole

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

If the Turtles are so great, why did they stop playing up? 2017 is a weak talent year. Don't recall many of them excelling on their varsity teams for that matter either. [/quote]

How many other teams have the amount of D1 commits as the Turtles? It's really pretty impressive especially 3 to Hopkins from 1 travel team as well as 5 Defensman to D1 from 1 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a wonder they aren't all committed yet smirk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Turtle verbals are very impressive, might be the best for one travel team ever. My Son doesn't play with them, but you have to be impressed. It's really insane when you look at it. I'm sure still more to come.

Page 26 of 45 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard