BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 45 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't Rob Pannell reclass

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference is that Winston got a full ride and will go on to make millions playing football. Can't say the same thing for any of the kids playing lax...

Re classing is really about the stupid parents feeling the need to brag about their spoiled, left back, silver spoon mouthed, weak lax player that can't compete on his own level and needs daddy to pay $40 for a year at Gilman...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Get over the reclass thing people.
Coaches want 19,20,21 and 22 year olds on thier rosters that are bigger, stronger and more developed. Not going to get a lot out of a 17 coming on campus in the fall.

Anybody know who won the Heisman last year?
A 19 year old Jamies Winston who reclassed!!

Coaches want the best and toughest players. Winston was a 19 year old Fla State redshirt like everyone else. He didn't go sissy and repeat 9th grade. Being one year older doesn't help you in D1, at least not in my experience. You are tough and can play or you are not and you can't. It will be "interesting" to see how well these repeat kids cope when their support system from dads and club guys can't "fix" their boo boos anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 of the sophs left Chaminade were lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These the 2 that just got expelled from Chaminade for posting a video on social media?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Being one year older doesn't help you in D1"

Wake up!
Jamies Winston wasnt winning no Heisman at 18.
Rob Pannell didn't win the Tewaarton as a 19,20 or 21 year old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wake up!

Those examples are lame. Winston won the Heisman as a 19 year old redshirt freshman. Rob Pannell did a PG year, and did make All America as a 19 and 20 year old and almost won the Tewaarton the year Steele Stanwick did when he was 20. You just cited two guys one of whom was a redshirt freshman and the other did a PG year to be able to go Ivy. That is hardly pointing out how awesome it is to be a year older. The best college hoops players are 19 year old one and dones. The best college lacrosse players we have seen in last 15 years were all impact players as freshmen. Some were PG year kids but few or any were repeat middle school softies. The bottom line is if you think a kid who is an undersized HS freshman who is also 16 is what winds up being an early recruit for age reasons will be a better player in college, you are very mistaken. You'll wake up when you see these holdback kids on the bottom of rosters spring 2018-21. Being a sissy catches up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow calling 15 year olds sissy"s - classless

My son was asked to do a PG year/ reclass by a top 10 team
Money would be better and better role/fit with the team in a year

First year played 10 games then a three year starter
Now has a high end degree and a great job
Plays weekend lax in something called MLL

Not bad for a Sissy!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B

Wake up!

Those examples are lame. Winston won the Heisman as a 19 year old redshirt freshman. Rob Pannell did a PG year, and did make All America as a 19 and 20 year old and almost won the Tewaarton the year Steele Stanwick did when he was 20. You just cited two guys one of whom was a redshirt freshman and the other did a PG year to be able to go Ivy. That is hardly pointing out how awesome it is to be a year older. The best college hoops players are 19 year old one and dones. The best college lacrosse players we have seen in last 15 years were all impact players as freshmen. Some were PG year kids but few or any were repeat middle school softies. The bottom line is if you think a kid who is an undersized HS freshman who is also 16 is what winds up being an early recruit for age reasons will be a better player in college, you are very mistaken. You'll wake up when you see these holdback kids on the bottom of rosters spring 2018-21. Being a sissy catches up.

Get the facts straight. Pannell in addition to a pg yr he also redid his at yr. like I say - surely being 2 to 3 yrs older didn't hurt him!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Left? It wasn't their choice. Bounced.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's a very sad situation, a hard lesson to learn for all involved and hope this one mistake does not hurt them down the road. All good kids, good teammates and friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's a very sad situation, a hard lesson to learn for all involved and hope this one mistake does not hurt them down the road. All good kids, good teammates and friends

What happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And look at the jobs/careers that Steele Stanwyk and Rob Pannell have embarked on since graduating!!! Oh that's right - they became "professional" lacrosse players and train kids in peoples backyards. There's so something to strive for as a kid in high school!!! Great use of an outstanding education!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they were "good kids" this wouldn't have happened. And one of them has zero remorse about it. Many are cringing what school they end up in, accountability & humility are pretty important character traits to have, maybe one day they will find it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if the people they were socially attacking & the younger kids they mistreated (and their families) in their school feel like they are all good kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened?

They are moving to Maryland, transferring to Boys Latin,
reclassing and joining the Crabs. Very sad story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if the people they were socially attacking & the younger kids they mistreated (and their families) in their school feel like they are all good kids?

So what happened? Socially attacking ? Mistreating younger kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened?

you are not funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened?

you are not funny.

That was very funny, and not far from reality. That guy is funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just hope Colleges or lacrosse as a sport doesn't start letting players get away with stupid stuff just because they are good like they do in other sports on all levels. I know it happens but it needs to stop. It seems Lacrosse players get a bad rap to begin with. You do something wrong you pay the price no matter how talented you are on the field. With all the bullying, social media crap kids needs to learn and do the right thing but schools and colleges are sending the wrong message when players are allowed to do something wrong and end up get rewarded for it.

Just look at Harvard 2 players dismissed from school for 1 year for cheating and now both are captains of the team. What message are they sending. Harvard should be embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Chaminade haters now? Think this would have happened if they were in a public school? They might have gotten detention at most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just hope Colleges or lacrosse as a sport doesn't start letting players get away with stupid stuff just because they are good like they do in other sports on all levels. I know it happens but it needs to stop. It seems Lacrosse players get a bad rap to begin with. You do something wrong you pay the price no matter how talented you are on the field. With all the bullying, social media crap kids needs to learn and do the right thing but schools and colleges are sending the wrong message when players are allowed to do something wrong and end up get rewarded for it.

Just look at Harvard 2 players dismissed from school for 1 year for cheating and now both are captains of the team. What message are they sending. Harvard should be embarrassed.

Great point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Chaminade haters now? Think this would have happened if they were in a public school? They might have gotten detention at most.

Hey Mr. Flyer, you have a lot more of that going on than you know at your prestiogous school. Here is one for you, are you proud that Chaminade gave these students the chance to leave without expelling them? You do realize that right? You do realize they brushed it under the rug, right? Thats morally & ethiclly the right thing to do I guess, LOL.

So when they show up at another private school the admissions dept is clueless to the history/behavior of these students, shame on Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Chaminade haters now? Think this would have happened if they were in a public school? They might have gotten detention at most. [/quote]

Hey Mr. Flyer, you have a lot more of that going on than you know at your prestiogous school. Here is one for you, are you proud that Chaminade gave these students the chance to leave without expelling them? You do realize that right? You do realize they brushed it under the rug, right? Thats morally & ethiclly the right thing to do I guess, LOL.

So when they show up at another private school the admissions dept is clueless to the history/behavior of these students, shame on Chaminade. [/quote]\

There is one of the haters now - what your kid didn't getin? You seem to know a lot about this situation - care to enlighten the rest of us as to what the kids did? My kid is at Chaminade and I don't have a clue. Also please tell us what your public school would have done with the 3 students?

As for allowing them to leave without expelling them, people are allowed to resign, quit, etc all the time and in all walks of life. It is a product of the times we live in. All done to avoid being sued and having to pay lawyers to defend a suit. If you are going to rail against Chaminade why not rail against the rest of the world for letting miscreants off the hook?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from Maryland and no dog in the Chaminade fight, but I do think it is best to permit the kids to withdraw from school. Boarding schools do that as well and for a reason. The reason is kids make mistakes, and should as minors be able to correct them or do better elsewhere. A call for draconian and public markings on kids is piling on too much I think. This incident and punishment is a life lesson and a call for these kids to do better with their second chance. There is not a reason to mark these kids in a permanently negative light over something like this from which they cannot recover. That could happen in this social media crazy world now, and I think it is unfair onto 15, 16 year old kids. I did plenty of dumb things back in the day and our generation never faced these public and repeated consequences of alike offenses. Just my two cents, and mark it to market at $0.02.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So when they show up at another private school the admissions dept is clueless to the history/behavior of these students, shame on Chaminade. [/quote]\

There is one of the haters now - what your kid didn't getin? You seem to know a lot about this situation - care to enlighten the rest of us as to what the kids did? My kid is at Chaminade and I don't have a clue. Also please tell us what your public school would have done with the 3 students?

As for allowing them to leave without expelling them, people are allowed to resign, quit, etc all the time and in all walks of life. It is a product of the times we live in. All done to avoid being sued and having to pay lawyers to defend a suit. If you are going to rail against Chaminade why not rail against the rest of the world for letting miscreants off the hook?

Why do you assume my son doesn't go to the school? Assumming is bad. Disappointed in the process, I think as parents we should pay more attention to what goes on in the school our kids go to. Private or public. So open your eyes.

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Another example of how the students and parents money make the school. The school doesn't make the students. They don't take anyone, but sound students and well behaved kids. As soon as there's a problem academically or behaviorally they throw the kids out. It's not like the school is molding young men and teaching them to over come issues. They eliminate the issues. Then throw a lot of work at really smart kids that would have been in AP classes in PS. Somehow they take credit for kids that would have been just a successful anyway. Now if they were taking academically troubled kids and turning them into scholars or misbehaved kids a turning them into model students you might have something, but they don't do either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It s called a plea bargain. I am sure these boys will be well versed in this procedure as they move on in life. Good riddance, we will be reading about you in the crime section of the Post someday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So when they show up at another private school the admissions dept is clueless to the history/behavior of these students, shame on Chaminade.
\

Why do you assume my son doesn't go to the school? Assumming is bad. Disappointed in the process, I think as parents we should pay more attention to what goes on in the school our kids go to. Private or public. So open your eyes.

[/quote] [/quote]

My apologies for making a wrong assumption - would love to open my eyes but we are all passing judgment here on kids who did something that most of us know nothing about. You seem to have inside info my fellow Flyer, care to share it with the rest of us so we can determine for ourselves whether Chaminade handled this correctly? Hard to pass judgment on the sentence without knowing the crime. All I understand is that it was a video posted on social media - but no clue what the content of the video was. You must to be so critical of the way the administration handled it. Thanks in advance for letting us all in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from Maryland and no dog in the Chaminade fight, but I do think it is best to permit the kids to withdraw from school. Boarding schools do that as well and for a reason. The reason is kids make mistakes, and should as minors be able to correct them or do better elsewhere. A call for draconian and public markings on kids is piling on too much I think. This incident and punishment is a life lesson and a call for these kids to do better with their second chance. There is not a reason to mark these kids in a permanently negative light over something like this from which they cannot recover. That could happen in this social media crazy world now, and I think it is unfair onto 15, 16 year old kids. I did plenty of dumb things back in the day and our generation never faced these public and repeated consequences of alike offenses. Just my two cents, and mark it to market at $0.02.

You may not have a dog in the fight but your two cents sure makes good sense. I would not have gotten where I have if social media and selfies, etc were around back in the day to record the dumb stuff I did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow calling 15 year olds sissy"s - classless

My son was asked to do a PG year/ reclass by a top 10 team
Money would be better and better role/fit with the team in a year

First year played 10 games then a three year starter
Now has a high end degree and a great job
Plays weekend lax in something called MLL

Not bad for a Sissy!!

he didn't call your kid (PG year kids) a sissy, and maybe yours isn't, although he could be a MLL sissy.

However, beyond the name calling, I don't think highly of "holdbacks" and believe that they and their parents should be called out. If it was shamed openly instead of on here then perhaps the kids would tell the delusional parents no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\

[/quote]

My apologies for making a wrong assumption - would love to open my eyes but we are all passing judgment here on kids who did something that most of us know nothing about. You seem to have inside info my fellow Flyer, care to share it with the rest of us so we can determine for ourselves whether Chaminade handled this correctly? Hard to pass judgment on the sentence without knowing the crime. All I understand is that it was a video posted on social media - but no clue what the content of the video was. You must to be so critical of the way the administration handled it. Thanks in advance for letting us all in. [/quote]

Have a good day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Not to worry. St Anthony's will gladly take them if they are good athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\

My apologies for making a wrong assumption - would love to open my eyes but we are all passing judgment here on kids who did something that most of us know nothing about. You seem to have inside info my fellow Flyer, care to share it with the rest of us so we can determine for ourselves whether Chaminade handled this correctly? Hard to pass judgment on the sentence without knowing the crime. All I understand is that it was a video posted on social media - but no clue what the content of the video was. You must to be so critical of the way the administration handled it. Thanks in advance for letting us all in. [/quote]

Have a good day. [/quote]

That's your answer? Really? Sure makes your criticism of Chaminade's handling of this credible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a video "interviewing" kids they felt were uncool or not smart. They then posted it on the internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\

[/quote]

Not to worry. St Anthony's will gladly take them if they are good athletes. [/quote]

One is already on the way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for such a rational and classy response. The fire breathing that goes on here is amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\

[/quote]
Another example of how the students and parents money make the school. The school doesn't make the students. They don't take anyone, but sound students and well behaved kids. As soon as there's a problem academically or behaviorally they throw the kids out. It's not like the school is molding young men and teaching them to over come issues. They eliminate the issues. Then throw a lot of work at really smart kids that would have been in AP classes in PS. Somehow they take credit for kids that would have been just a successful anyway. Now if they were taking academically troubled kids and turning them into scholars or misbehaved kids a turning them into model students you might have something, but they don't do either. [/quote]

You are frighteningly clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same at Kellenberg. Same Brothers, same code of conduct. Lax players were expelled last year for ethics violations, in fact.

Lack of personal accountability in the public system is what draws many people to a Catholic / Private school. Some like to rail on here that not all Catholic school kids are perfect. The funny thing is, no one at a Catholic school would disagree. However, the tolerance leash is tight and if the line is crossed, then there's a consequence. There should be more of that in today's society.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
college prospect camps are generally not ''money grabs" IF "spots" are still available...

Brechi's 3 hour group clinic at $175 define's money grab

Page 19 of 45 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard