BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 144 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Back to normal programming...

With LI Express having multiple teams (Long Island x3, NYC and Westchester 'North'), do they all play at same or different tournaments? Also, when they appear on tournament draws, are the teams listed as just Long Island Express, making it hard for opponents to know which Express team they're actually playing?

Any thoughts, feedback appreciated.

usually not the same tournaments. team are listed as;
express North
express NYC
express [name]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to normal programming...

With LI Express having multiple teams (Long Island x3, NYC and Westchester 'North'), do they all play at same or different tournaments? Also, when they appear on tournament draws, are the teams listed as just Long Island Express, making it hard for opponents to know which Express team they're actually playing?

Any thoughts, feedback appreciated.

they do play in the same tournaments from time to time and were notated last year as Express NYC and Express North

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the fees to play on:

LI Express - LI
Express North
LI Express NYC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe GPA is the deciding factor at your own peril. http://www.fairtest.org/university/optional. Not one top 25 school on that list. One of the few better schools is Holy Cross and I can give you an earful how Holy Cross manipulates the test optional submissions. I have been thru 3 college admission cycles, 2014 the most current, so I do know the game quite well. Go ahead and tell umichigan or Boston college, Georgetown your kid isn't sending board scores, come back and tell us how it works out.

Do any of the patriot league schools give athletic and/or acedemic $?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
are you still part of Express?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
does saint Dominic rank in those listings?...heard the lax program is on the way back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's please redirect back to why we are all here, lax.

Truth be told none of these schools are top academically, top for maybe lacrosse but that's it folks. We all read the media school rankings and none of these are on them. Let's stick to lax, this is not greatschools.org.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Express - LI
Express North
LI Express NYC

You know what they say, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Express - LI
Express North
LI Express NYC

You know what they say, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it."

couple of grand is the base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's -- great sports, POOR academics. I know a number of parents that teach there who say they'd never send their kids there. Their latest ploy to improve their test scores and academic rankings is a massive push for foreirgn exchange students. I wonder if the foreigners will know that they pray in a three point stance there... Unless you are in a very weak public district, you are better off staying there.

As the parent of a St Antony's alumni who DID NOT PLAY SPORTS THERE. I have to say, you have no idea what you're talking about! The academics are rigorous, challenging, up to date and on target for helping the students attend great schools.

We live in one of the best districts on long island and chose to send our child there. Our child received a top notch education and was enriched by the multicultural, multiracial demographic of the student population.

Going there is about the whole experience. Something clearly you just don't get. There are rules and they are not made to be broken like all the public schools. They wear uniforms which puts all students in the same level when it comes to dressing and eliminates the competitive label conscious environment of dressing and eliminates the provocative dressing by the female students. My local high school looks like the playboy mansion most mornings as the girls are heading in.

So bash it all you want the reality is, private school students applications end up in a different pile on the college admissions table.

You're talking about a catholic school, not a private school. Colleges/Universities don't view catholic school the same way that they view traditional private schools (think Friends Academy, Portledge, Rye Country Day, Brunswick, etc.). Long Island catholic schools require that you take a very easy test to gain admission, most, if not all, kids that take that test pass. The education at a catholic school is not much different, and is unlikely to be superior to the better public school districts on long island. The ideology at a catholic school is clearly different and not for everyone - and let's not talk about the culture at catholic schools (close minded socially and teaches only the catholic way). There's no right answer, it's a personal decision and the economic demographic of a catholic school is inferior to some of the better school districts on long island. Chaminade - all boys (kind of weird) catholic school / St. Anthony's - coed catholic school. Both great schools but let's stop the bragging, they're nothing special and are not viewed so by colleges/universities.

Let's get back to lax talk.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...pay for the pizza. that was funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's -- great sports, POOR academics. I know a number of parents that teach there who say they'd never send their kids there. Their latest ploy to improve their test scores and academic rankings is a massive push for foreirgn exchange students. I wonder if the foreigners will know that they pray in a three point stance there... Unless you are in a very weak public district, you are better off staying there.

As the parent of a St Antony's alumni who DID NOT PLAY SPORTS THERE. I have to say, you have no idea what you're talking about! The academics are rigorous, challenging, up to date and on target for helping the students attend great schools.

We live in one of the best districts on long island and chose to send our child there. Our child received a top notch education and was enriched by the multicultural, multiracial demographic of the student population.

Going there is about the whole experience. Something clearly you just don't get. There are rules and they are not made to be broken like all the public schools. They wear uniforms which puts all students in the same level when it comes to dressing and eliminates the competitive label conscious environment of dressing and eliminates the provocative dressing by the female students. My local high school looks like the playboy mansion most mornings as the girls are heading in.

So bash it all you want the reality is, private school students applications end up in a different pile on the college admissions table.

You're talking about a catholic school, not a private school. Colleges/Universities don't view catholic school the same way that they view traditional private schools (think Friends Academy, Portledge, Rye Country Day, Brunswick, etc.). Long Island catholic schools require that you take a very easy test to gain admission, most, if not all, kids that take that test pass. The education at a catholic school is not much different, and is unlikely to be superior to the better public school districts on long island. The ideology at a catholic school is clearly different and not for everyone - and let's not talk about the culture at catholic schools (close minded socially and teaches only the catholic way). There's no right answer, it's a personal decision and the economic demographic of a catholic school is inferior to some of the better school districts on long island. Chaminade - all boys (kind of weird) catholic school / St. Anthony's - coed catholic school. Both great schools but let's stop the bragging, they're nothing special and are not viewed so by colleges/universities.

Do they teach evolution? Or did the lax god create everything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Doms lax won Class A 2 of last 3 years and moving up to Class AA this year. Academically superior over several on this list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are incorrect. St. Anthony's Chaminade Kellenberg etc. Are considered private schools by universities and therefore your child's college application ends up in the "private" school pile rather then the substantially larger "public" school pile.
That said my child attends St. Anthony's and it's not for the pile their application will end up in, it's for the overall experience it offers which is far superior to that of any public school on Li period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are incorrect. St. Anthony's Chaminade Kellenberg etc. Are considered private schools by universities and therefore your child's college application ends up in the "private" school pile rather then the substantially larger "public" school pile.
That said my child attends St. Anthony's and it's not for the pile their application will end up in, it's for the overall experience it offers which is far superior to that of any public school on Li period.

That's just not true, but you're entitled to your opinion. Check out the academics and athletics that you get at CSH, Manhasset, Garden City and I'd take that experience over a dogmatic, one-dimensional catholic school education any day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just talked to an admissions officer at a highly regarded university. She said that the catholic schools are put into their own pile of applications, not included in the more prestigious, true "private" school pile, and also not included in the public school pile, which this admissions officer said is looked upon more favorably than the evangelical catholic school pile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone start a st. tony vs chammy thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the Catholic Universities might look favorably on Catholic HS, so I don't think your post is entirely accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone start a st. tony vs chammy thread.

amen...(lol)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They teach the kids to evolve into cheating losers by allowing them to reclassify for non-academic reasons. Check out the 2018 thread! Unreal that Cham would allow this! Not ethical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A St. A's counter to the How do you get the St A's grad off your porch-pay for the pizza joke; How do you get a chaminade football player off your porch? you pick him up and throw him off. Let the rivalry live on. Don't worry Friar's, The Chaminade guys are known to be fair bosses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They teach the kids to evolve into cheating losers by allowing them to reclassify for non-academic reasons. Check out the 2018 thread! Unreal that Cham would allow this! Not ethical

"Cham"?? To whom/what are you referring??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what your talking about. St. Anthony's has sports and academics, but, sorry to tell you your academics cannot EVER compare to Chaminade. It's held on a high standard for a reason. I'll show you tests that will make your head spin. A professor at my son's college who went to Chaminade and Harvard said Chaminade was harder for him. When my son went into college to takes tests, kids were crying next to him. He got 4.0 in both semesters in Freshman College because he was well prepared. And, believe me he was not top of his class. He was an honors student, a football player, a lacrosse player, did clubs and matured like a man. I know many people at STA. One of my own teachers is there as a Friar now. There are many good things being done there that have nothing to do with sports. But, be real here. Catholic education is definitely up there on the college pick lists. The underlying culture of Chaminade vs. STA is mostly in the heads of coaches at STA and is carried down year after year to the players. So when your kid is the one who messed up the kick off at the end of big game, you have to be afraid to go to school at STA (which I know for a fact this happened) vs. Chaminade where 200 people go up to you and say don't worry about it. You cannot compare these two schools and the significance of Chaminade education and how it affects your future.
It's unfortunate that sports is all people think about at STA when there are so many students doing so many good things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what your talking about. St. Anthony's has sports and academics, but, sorry to tell you your academics cannot EVER compare to Chaminade. It's held on a high standard for a reason. I'll show you tests that will make your head spin. A professor at my son's college who went to Chaminade and Harvard said Chaminade was harder for him. When my son went into college to takes tests, kids were crying next to him. He got 4.0 in both semesters in Freshman College because he was well prepared. And, believe me he was not top of his class. He was an honors student, a football player, a lacrosse player, did clubs and matured like a man. I know many people at STA. One of my own teachers is there as a Friar now. There are many good things being done there that have nothing to do with sports. But, be real here. Catholic education is definitely up there on the college pick lists. The underlying culture of Chaminade vs. STA is mostly in the heads of coaches at STA and is carried down year after year to the players. So when your kid is the one who messed up the kick off at the end of big game, you have to be afraid to go to school at STA (which I know for a fact this happened) vs. Chaminade where 200 people go up to you and say don't worry about it. You cannot compare these two schools and the significance of Chaminade education and how it affects your future.
It's unfortunate that sports is all people think about at STA when there are so many students doing so many good things.
You sound just like the arrogant Delbarton folks in NJ. What an arrogant jerk. Watch out for the priests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is full of cheaters as is EXPRESS holding kids back to reclassify just so they can win lacrosse games. PATHETIC.
Certainly would make an interesting article in NEWSDAY.
If the school is so prestigious and the kid is so smart and athletic, why hold him back to be a 2019 goalie instead of 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree but THIS is a lacrosse board. Now as a proud St.Anthony's grad, must say how do you argue with these powerful academic institutions below? Some of you might not realize that to verbal to these schools you NEED to show your grades BEFORE they offer you-

SA's lacrosse has commits to UPENN, Villanova, Army, Bucknell, Wash & Lee, Richmond and Boston U. Thats a pretty powerful list of great schools without a doubt. How did these kids have the grades if SA's is such a "bad" school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is full of cheaters as is EXPRESS holding kids back to reclassify just so they can win lacrosse games. PATHETIC.
Certainly would make an interesting article in NEWSDAY.
If the school is so prestigious and the kid is so smart and athletic, why hold him back to be a 2019 goalie instead of 2018.

YOU are an IDIOT! Who do you think makes the decision for a player to reclassify? The High School? The Lacrosse CLub? The Palyer? NO. It is the parents! If they feel it's best for their child, that is their choice. BTW...Kids have been doing the "PG thing" for YEARS. That usually would be an extra year at a prep school AFTER they graduated High School. And those schools cost $30-50K for that year. As I see it, parents are wisening up and spending $3-5K for them to repeat 8th grade. Not that I condone the reclassify thing. But it is what it is, and it is NOT going away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you read my paragraph again, it is about lacrosse and academics. STA kids do get into those schools because their marks are high. It's easy to keep them high with an EASIER academic load to carry. And, it's a sports school but it is not hard to be an honors student at STA. It is however, very hard at Chaminade. Again, education and connections for a lifetime vs. 15 minutes of fame at a high school game. No comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No not arrogant, just know how the system works. That is why I made sure I complimented STA as a school it's not all about the sports. But, at the end of the day most parents would rather send their sons to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree but THIS is a lacrosse board. Now as a proud St.Anthony's grad, must say how do you argue with these powerful academic institutions below? Some of you might not realize that to verbal to these schools you NEED to show your grades BEFORE they offer you-

SA's lacrosse has commits to UPENN, Villanova, Army, Bucknell, Wash & Lee, Richmond and Boston U. Thats a pretty powerful list of great schools without a doubt. How did these kids have the grades if SA's is such a "bad" school?

Many public boast the same, drawing from one area, not impressed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok than list the colleges with players committed to those level of schools! But please name the PUBLIC High School. All I've seen on here is STA & Chaminade listings of players committed to these type of high level academic colleges. So Mr. Public School if you do that than than I'll be IMPRESSED.

Don't list the POWER LAX SCHOOLS, like Hopkins, UNC, UVA either. Those schools are GREAT! But if your committed to play lacrosse there than you aren't going to be allow to have a heavy academic load at those places.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you read my paragraph again, it is about lacrosse and academics. STA kids do get into those schools because their marks are high. It's easy to keep them high with an EASIER academic load to carry. And, it's a sports school but it is not hard to be an honors student at STA. It is however, very hard at Chaminade. Again, education and connections for a lifetime vs. 15 minutes of fame at a high school game. No comparison.

So the Geometry, Trig, Biology, Chem or Calculus is MUCH harder at Chaminade compared to STA or a public school?

Chaminade is not a "sports school" ? HA!

(15 minutes of fame at a high school game) So the FLYERS games in all their sports aren't important to the students, parents and front office of the school? Load of BS.

So many Chaminade parents come off like NO OTHER school has a tough work load than your school, no other private or public school- please stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 2018 goalie will make a great lawyer or politician some day.
Maybe even President with the great values his parents and "Chaminade" are teaching him.

Who can blame the parents for being so proud, maybe they should move him down 2 grade levels. Just think of how much better he would be as a goalie playing with 7th graders.

That my friends is what is wrong with the system.
If I had to guess I would bet same parents bragged about how good he was at a younger age and that he was too good to play with his piers.
I have no horse in this race, just tired of all the double talk with people pissing in parents ears and telling them that it's ok, it's raining.

Shame on Chaminade and their Coach JM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I may be an idiot, but I would not have my children participate in cheating regardless of the school, team or coaches, I believe in let the better man win. If a younger player beats out an older player that is healthy competition. If an older kid plays down to beat out a younger kid that is just WRONG.
Says the "Village Idiot".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok than list the colleges with players committed to those level of schools! But please name the PUBLIC High School. All I've seen on here is STA & Chaminade listings of players committed to these type of high level academic colleges. So Mr. Public School if you do that than than I'll be IMPRESSED.

Don't list the POWER LAX SCHOOLS, like Hopkins, UNC, UVA either. Those schools are GREAT! But if your committed to play lacrosse there than you aren't going to be allow to have a heavy academic load at those places.

Ok, Smithtown East currently has 1 Harvard and 2 Yale, among many other very good schools. I didn't see you mention those schools, which are lights out better that ALL the schools you mentioned. Go public!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe even President with the great values his parents and "Chaminade" are teaching him.

Who can blame the parents for being so proud, maybe they should move him down 2 grade levels. Just think of how much better he would be as a goalie playing with 7th graders.

If I had to guess I would bet same parents bragged about how good he was at a younger age and that he was too good to play with his piers.
I have no horse in this race, just tired of all the double talk with people pissing in parents ears and telling them that it's ok, it's raining.

I agree, Chaminade should be ashamed of themselves. Supporting unethical behavior. WRONG on all levels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the Geometry, Trig, Biology, Chem or Calculus is MUCH harder at Chaminade compared to STA or a public school?

(15 minutes of fame at a high school game) So the FLYERS games in all their sports aren't important to the students, parents and front office of the school? Load of BS.

So many Chaminade parents come off like NO OTHER school has a tough work load than your school, no other private or public school- please stop.

If Chaminade is so superior for academics, then why do the publics blow them away in terms of finalists and semifinalists at science and math competitions, for example, Intel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade has not yet admitted their 2019 class yet. The Catholic HS Test has not even been taken. I am very skeptical about this whole charade and I will be watching to see if Chaminade does let in a student that was held back due to athletics, and not for a valid reason, as it appears to cross all the lines Chaminade would like to stand for. Only time will tell if Chaminade is making a deal with the devil. If this student does make it in, I would not be surprised if this news grows bigger than BOTC and Chaminade's ethics will be questioned. Many a young man are disappointed when they receive a letter of denial from Chaminade. I am sure there is some big bucks daddy that will be willing to question this admittance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This already happened at Chaminade with a 2016 player who is now a reclassified committed 2017 player.

Chaminade has not yet admitted their 2019 class yet. The Catholic HS Test has not even been taken. I am very skeptical about this whole charade and I will be watching to see if Chaminade does let in a student that was held back due to athletics, and not for a valid reason, as it appears to cross all the lines Chaminade would like to stand for. Only time will tell if Chaminade is making a deal with the devil. If this student does make it in, I would not be surprised if this news grows bigger than BOTC and Chaminade's ethics will be questioned. Many a young man are disappointed when they receive a letter of denial from Chaminade. I am sure there is some big bucks daddy that will be willing to question this admittance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Chaminade is so superior for academics, then why do the publics blow them away in terms of finalists and semifinalists at science and math competitions, for example, Intel?

You must be a public school graduate and failed math. Compare the number of students.

Like Reply Quote
Page 90 of 144 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard